Forum Discussion

ADonald
Experienced Cover User
7 days ago
Solved

NFP - How to report a RFBA for a terminated employee from a prior financial year

I have a couple staff who terminated employment in the 22/23 Financial Year. Due to the FBT year I have some rollover RFBA amounts to declare, however as they were previously marked as terminated they are not showing in my list of employees in the STP reporting EOFY list. 

So I am unable to add in the RFBA amounts for them.  We are NFP so exempt under Section 57A and lodge a Nil return.

What do I do here?

ADonald
    6 days ago

Thanks!! Had tried Moca and live chat as well as email support. Your reply is very helpful - thanks!

Update - I processed a $0 pay in 23/24 and she is now showing in the required RFBA list for 23/24.

5 Replies

Princess_R
    MYOB Moderator

Hi ADonald,

I see you're looking to tweak your financial year 22/23. If you've already got a pay run going for the current financial year, you won't be able to go back and change 22/23. That's because the payroll year showing in STP EOFY is only 23/24 and 24/25. But don't worry; you've got a couple of options to fix up the financial year 22/23. You can either lodge manually straight to the ATO, or if you've got a backup for the financial year 22/23, you can restore that backup and make your changes there.

Feel free to get in touch if you need more help.

Cheers,

Princess

ADonald
      Experienced Cover User

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. I'm not looking to tweak my financial year for 22/23.

I am ready to lodge my STP phase 2 but I have one employee who has a RFBA to declare but they are not showing on the list of employees for 23/24 as they terminated in May  23. However they still had a RFBA amount (paid from FBT year 01/04/23 to May 23) that I need to declare in the 23/24 income tax year.

So my issue is - how do I report an RFBA for a staff member who terminated at the end of the prior Financial year?

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi ADonald,

I see you're trying to report an RFBA for an employee who left last financial year. If you haven't run payroll for the current year 24/25 and you're still wrapping up 23/24, you can process a $0 pay for that terminated employee who didn't earn anything. This lets you declare the RFBA for the 23/24 tax year. But if you've already started on the 24/25 payroll, you'll have to manually lodge the RFBA with the ATO. For more details, you might want to check out this Help article: Reportable fringe benefit amounts (RFBA) with Single Touch Payroll reporting. If you need more help, head over to myob.com/support or myaccount.myob.com to find MOCA, our virtual assistant. MOCA can connect you to our live chat team if you need further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess