22 days ago
New

Turning off Employee Self Onboarding as default

Hi, my company would benefit from being able to turn off employee self on boarding as a default.

My company engages a lot of sole trader contractors that we are obliged to pay super for. The employee self onboarding system isn't suited for this so we manually create the cards for these contractors (creating on average 20 new cards a week). Now that self onboarding is chosen as default this creates the opportunity for a mistake to happen and the contractor to receive an onboarding link that they don't need and are often confused by. Could turning off self onboarding as default be added as a preference?

4 Comments

Tjaltjraak1
    Experienced User

I wonder why MYOB has made this a default feature. Until recently we had the option to opt out for each employee.  Our company employs staff that have low literacy and especially financial literacy skills.  There is no benefit for us to us the onboarding option as it creates more problems than it is worth.  Can you bring back the opt out option for automatic onboarding as I can imagine there must be many more companies like ours where automatic onboarding by employees themselves is unsuitable for.

Jaydana1
    Contributing User

Shella, we the subscription payers should have options for so-called features like this.  I HATE this with a passion, I would never allow ANYONE to upload, fill in or complete anything in the Company file / employee cards/details.  Apart from bad spelling, writing in small letters instead of all caps as I do in MYOB, using incorrect set out etc, I still have to go back and check what they have done which is double handling.  Half these people don't know what day it is let alone getting their details correct.  I cannot believe you don't allow us to opt in to this inane feature.  It was annoying first of all to make sure it was unticked everytime I put a new person in and now because you changed the set out, the box I thought I unticked was actually a new annoying addition (employee benefits) and so when I hit NEXT, you sent the onboarding information to the employee..  And as I KNEW would happen, I had to go back and fix up the mess they onboarded.  Stick to basics, this is nothing but an annoyance and we need to be able to permanently remove it if we want to.  Don't add features that we cannot choice to opt out of.  Who is paying for this after all?  You have just created more work!

AshcroftIGA
      User

well said! Feel like it's designed to trick you into giving employees personal details. 

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi jSmith2

I totally get how turning off the self-onboarding feature as a default could be beneficial for your company, especially when dealing with sole-trader contractors. Currently, there's no option to set this as a default preference in MYOB. However, thank you for posting this feedback here for feature consideration. In the meantime, continue with your manual creation of cards for these contractors. If there's anything else you need, feel free to ask!

Kind regards,
    Shella