Forum Discussion

Nereida_TBS
Experienced Cover User
4 months ago
Solved

Employee Self Onboarding Default Super Fund

Our employer's default super fund is not appearing on the Superannuation Standard Choice Form when a new employee does the self onboarding.

I'm using Account Right Premier

I have the default fund selected in the payroll setup

• Hi Shella_A 

Thanks for the follow up. 

I'm able to correctly allocate the employee's super fund once they have submitted the information.

My problem is that when an employee does the self-onboarding, the super choice form that is issued to them doesn't have our default super fund pre-populated so they can't choose our default fund.

As a fix I just print a blank one and populate the employer's fund details and manually email it to them and tell them to disregard the one that's sent in the on-boarding process.

4 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Nereida_TBS,

Thanks for your post.

My apologies for the late response. We regret to hear that you're having trouble with the default super fund not appearing on the Superannuation Standard Choice Form during the self-onboarding process for new employees. We appreciate your patience with this. This issue might be due to some inconsistencies between the AccountRight Premier and Pay Super data. I'm more than happy to help you with this.

Here are some steps you can take to resolve this issue:

1. Update the employee to an incorrect super fund temporarily.
    2. Create a $0 pay run with a $0.01 superannuation for that employee.
    3. Record the $0.01 superpayment without authorization. After this step, it’s expected to show that the employee is linked to the temporary super fund in Pay Super.
    4. Reverse the superpayment.
    5. Reverse the pay run.
    6. Update the employee to the correct super fund.
    7. Create a $0 pay run with a $0.01 superannuation for that employee again, or create a genuine pay run with the intended superannuation for that employee, if paying superannuation to that employee is desirable at the time.
    8. Record the super payment and authorize it if it’s a genuine payment, or don’t authorize it and repeat steps 4–5.

Please note that the above steps may depend on the specific details of your situation. Let me know if the issue persists, so we can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Shella

Shella_A
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Nereida_TBS,

I hope this message finds you well today. I just wanted to follow up if you’re still in need of assistance with your employee's self-onboarding default super fund. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter. If you still need assistance with this, please don’t hesitate to reply, as we’re always delighted to assist you further.

Kind regards,

Shella

Nereida_TBS
        Experienced Cover User

Hi Shella_A 

Thanks for the follow up. 

I'm able to correctly allocate the employee's super fund once they have submitted the information.

My problem is that when an employee does the self-onboarding, the super choice form that is issued to them doesn't have our default super fund pre-populated so they can't choose our default fund.

As a fix I just print a blank one and populate the employer's fund details and manually email it to them and tell them to disregard the one that's sent in the on-boarding process.