2 months ago
New

Adding Contact Names to Email Template

Hey there

I think it would be great to be able to add the contact person's name to an email template. {{contact_name}} or similar?

As someone who teaches children, my customer names are all of the people I teach, and I put their parent or caregiver's name as the contact person.

If the emails are being sent to the contact person's email address, why wouldn't you be able to address them in the email.

Rather than, "Hi, Little John. Here is your invoice for your fees....." (Little Johnny is 5 years old and doesn't get the email.). It should instead be "Hi, Little Johnny's parent or caregiver. Here is the invoice for Little Johnny's fees.....".

I know I can change the customer's name to the parent's name, but when I'm invoicing and going down my role of a couple of hundred students, the last thing I want to do is try and remember the parent or caregiver's name or surname (which is often different from the child's).

This would make a lot of sense to other businesses too. If you're invoicing a business, you wouldn't address the account /contact person by the business name!

What do people think?

1 Comment

• Hi @Troopypants compassmobile

I completely agree with you. Adding the contact person's name to an email template would make the communication more personal and appropriate, especially in the context of invoicing. As someone who also deals with many clients, having the ability to address the emails directly to the parent or caregiver would save a lot of time and ensure the right person gets the message.

Using a placeholder like {{contact_name}} in email templates would be a great solution. This way, the emails can be personalized without the need for manually editing each one. It would not only make the emails more professional but also help in maintaining clear communication.

I support this suggestion and believe it would benefit many users who have to manage multiple contacts and clients. It’s definitely something that would improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our communications.

Let's hope MYOB considers implementing this feature soon!

Best regards,