RonyS
Cover User
10 years ago
Open

Invoices: Include reference field to what invoice is

Hi ,

When you look at the list of invoices only Invoice numbers, customers, data, amount, status etc are seen. If there was a column showing a reference to what the invoice is then it would be helpful to figure out which invoice relates to what. I am currently keeping a separate spreadsheet with Invoice numbers matched to POs, project codes etc. 

Regards,

Rony

"Reference in invoice listing"

18 Comments

aplus
    Experienced Cover User

I forgot to mention that my request was for both invoices and bills to have searchable note fields.

aplus
    Experienced Cover User

In response to Liam_M, can both be done please? Some people, such as myself woud search by the notes fields for invoices related to a particular car and other details (which is our case). Reference lines were introduced, I would pehaps use those as well to add a car registration number or other detail by which we frequently need to locate an invoice. So, I personally could use both improvements if they were implemented. I have posted earlier my request to make notes fields searchable twice before. Thank you very much.

• Hi ppsmith

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea. I have shared your comments with the team.

• Hello

I agree with Rony that this would be a good enhancement to MYOB Essentials.  I went from MYOB AccountEdge Pro to Xero at first.  I didn't like Xero so then changed to MYOB Essentials howver the one thing in Xero that I did like was that there was a column where a reference could be inserted and that column then showed up when reviewing or reconciling invoices.  I, too, am keeping a separate spreadsheet with invoice numbers which is cumbersome.  

I hope that this suggestion is considered.

Cheers

Pauline

Liam_M
    Former Staff
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open

Thanks for your great suggestion RonyS.  Anyone else who would like to see some information about what an invoice is for in the invoices list screen, please cast your vote here. I would also strongly encourage you to leave a comment stating where this information should come from. For instance do you want to use the notes field from the invoice entry screen, or did you want a new field to be added to invoices for this purpose.