Forum Discussion

JMaher
Contributing User
2 years ago
Solved

BASLink on browser

Hi. I have been using Accountright Plus more many years, and have used BASLink to check and confirm my IAS and BAS obligations offline, and then lodging via the Business Portal. I'm now getting used ...
    Tracey_H
    2 years ago

Hi JMaher 

One of  the major differences between online and manual activity statement lodgement is that with online the activity statements are retrieved from the ATO and appear in the Activity statements window. 

From a software perspective you can still check the BAS to make sure the fields are set up and reporting correctly in the browser. You can save an activity statement and go back later to lodge it by clicking on Validate to check for issues and then Prepare to Lodge. However, you won't be able to do this unless you're working on an active file with online lodgement set up so that activity statements are retrieved from the ATO.

When lodging online you need to set up the BAS fields the same as in BASLink by selecting the applicable tax codes and payroll categories. Reconciling the AccountRight reports with online BAS will also be the same as with BASLink. 

To lodge online the company file needs to be online, which means that if you have access to a clients file you can access it both from the desktop and the browser. You just need to make sure you've got their version of the software installed on your computer. So if you're more confident with BASLink you can set that up in a client's file then check that BAS with what is being reported through online lodgement prior to lodging.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.