Forum Discussion

KT100
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago

GST Summary vs Profit and Loss Statement reconciliation

Hello,

Hoping you can help me.

When I reconcile GST Summary accrual Sales, I take the  (GST $amount divided by 1.1) plus other sales values on the GST summary report, it balances with the P&L, total trading income + Other Income .

However when I try with the purchases , the figure doesnt balance with total cost of sales + total expenses.  Am I doing this wrong?

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    SamaraM
    Former Staff

Hi KT100 

Sorry to see that no one has replied to you yet. The first step I recommend to do is clear the browser cache which can resolve some odd behaviour in reports: Clearing the AccountRight Cache.

If that does not resolve your issue could you please attach both reports in your reply so I can have a better idea of whats happening on your end?

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

KT100
      Experienced Cover User

Hi Samara

thank you for responding.  I have attached a file which I hope helps.  I am just trying to figure out where the sales / purchases figures come from on the P&L.  Sales I now understand.  Hopefully you can help me understand the Purchases figure.  See my attachment.

Karen

SamaraM
        Former Staff

Hi Karen (KT100

Thank you for providing additional information. The Profit & Loss report is designed to give total activity against your income, cost of sales, and expense accounts. If any expenses have been allocated to your GST account, for example, they will appear in this section, but not show in the GST Summary report, because the reports are looking at different information.

I recommend checking what transactions have been put against the account by running the General Ledger Detail report. There are a few things to look out for, but here is our help article with detailed steps on what to look for: Receivables, payables or inventory out of balance.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.