Forum Discussion

23 days ago

Recovery of data to fill in BAS. My GST worksheet screen is blank.

I selected the wrong financial year (March 23 instead of March 24) and got a message to say I was using an old version and did I want to update?  I said yes, not realising my mistake at that stage, and now when I select the March 2024, the screen is blank.  I have found the original data file (I think!) but do not know how to import it so that I can calculate the March 2024 BAS.  Can any one help?

3 Replies

Genreve_S
    MYOB Moderator

Hi FRaymond

Welcome to the Community Forum. 

From your message, it seems that your primary issue is that your BAS report isn't auto-populating. If you're using online BAS, the data should be automatically filled in, provided your BAS is correctly mapped. If you're manually filling out your BAS report using the GST report, it's possible that the file you're using doesn't have transactions recorded for that period.

I would suggest locating a backup of your current file and restoring it offline to generate the report.

Should you need more assistance, please provide us with more details about your issue. We're here to assist.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Thanks,
    Genreve

FRaymond
      User

Hello Genreve

Thank you for your suggestions to fix my problem with the BAS worksheet not having any data in it.  I have now resolved my problems by having an accountant create a new *.bas data file and link it to the BAS worksheet and BAS return.  I am working off-line, so when the BAS has been calculated, I use the figures to lodge the return on the ATO Portal.

Thanks once again for your help.

FRaymond

Doreen_P
        MYOB Moderator

Hi FRaymond,

I'm glad that your issue has been resolved. Other users will find your resolution provided very helpful. Please feel free to create a post again if you encounter any issues in the future. I'm here to assist!

Best regards,

Doreen