Forum Discussion

8 months ago
Solved

Electronic Payments lost off screen before saving

I went to complete my payroll today and save the electronic file to be transfered to the bank and something went wrong and the screen flashed, and I lost all the information off the screen. So now I have 30 staff and no electronic payment file to pay them. 

Is there any way to retrieve this information and save a bank file once it's gone off the screen please?

• Hi, CindyNim 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

We're sorry to hear that you couldn't save the bank file to upload to your bank so you could pay the employees. With this, further actions when recreating a bank file depend on whether the electronic payment transaction has been reconciled. If not, you can delete the original payment transaction, and if reconciled, you can reverse it. To recreate the bank file, kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Banking > Select Transactions Journal > Click Disbursement tab.
    • Look for the ID No. starting with EP on the date you prepared the electronic payment.
    • Click the zoom arrow to open the transactions.
    • Click Edit and then choose Delete or Reverse Electronic Payment Transaction.
    • You can process the electronic payment and create the bank file again. 

You may also check The Help Article: Making electronic payments with a bank file for further information. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi, CindyNim 

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

We're sorry to hear that you couldn't save the bank file to upload to your bank so you could pay the employees. With this, further actions when recreating a bank file depend on whether the electronic payment transaction has been reconciled. If not, you can delete the original payment transaction, and if reconciled, you can reverse it. To recreate the bank file, kindly follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Banking > Select Transactions Journal > Click Disbursement tab.
    • Look for the ID No. starting with EP on the date you prepared the electronic payment.
    • Click the zoom arrow to open the transactions.
    • Click Edit and then choose Delete or Reverse Electronic Payment Transaction.
    • You can process the electronic payment and create the bank file again. 

You may also check The Help Article: Making electronic payments with a bank file for further information. 

Please let us know if you require any further assistance with this. We are happy to assist.

Best regards,

Doreen