Approval of Payments

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
kimpossible
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User
Papua New Guinea
Experienced User

25Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Approval of Payments

Hi,

Question 1:

We usually encode all payment transactions through Spend Money function. However, once it is encoded by the staff, it is directly posted to the books. Is there a way to suspend posting and have an approver tick it prior to posting?

Questions 2:

I also tried using the Bill under Purchases. In the process of creating the form, I noted that we cannot add the field which displays the account code. Is there a way to display?

Would appreciate your help on this.

Thank you. 

4 REPLIES 4
Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Re: Approval of Payments

Hi @kimpossible 

Thanks for your post. When a transaction is recorded the journal is posted to the selected accounts, it's not possible to save a draft transaction for approval.

When entering a Purchase transaction, the account code field is available for the Service, Professional and Miscellanous layouts. If you select the Item layout the account field is not available as transactions are posted to the accounts selected in the Item Information window. If you need further help with this can you please clarify what form you are creating or window you are referring to.

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

kimpossible
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User
Papua New Guinea
Experienced User

25Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

Your response is much appreciated. 

For purchase transaction,

1. I created a Bill and I saw that this is posted right away in the books (meaning debit expense or fixed assets

& credit to Trade Creditors);

2.  I am trying to print the Bill entry; however, the only option when printing is Purchase Order;

3. When I explored the customize PO format, the table doesn't allow the display of account codes used for

posting; this is the one that we would like to show. 

4. The intention is, the bill should be the form to document preparation, checking and approval.

5. Pay Bill will be the entry to record payment (debit Trade Creditors & credit cash in bank);

Hope this clarifies my concern.

Tracey_H
12,172 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

12,172Posts

0Kudos

1,836Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @kimpossible 

Thanks for that information. To answer your queries:

1. that is correct, when a transaction is recorded the transaction journal is posted to the selected accounts
  2. you can print a Purchase by opening the transaction and clicking on Print
  3. you can't add the account number to the custom Purchase order form. Purchase orders are sent to suppliers to order goods, account numbers are for the company's internal use only
  4. to check that transactions have been recorded correctly, run the Journal Security Audit report. This displays the associated card, accounts and amounts

Please let me know if you need further help.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Cheers,
Tracey
Previously @bungy15

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

kimpossible
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User
Papua New Guinea
Experienced User

25Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Tracey,

This is well noted. And I accepted this as Solution to my inquiry.

Nevertheless, may I suggest if MYOB could create a facility which caters to printing the "Bill", not through Purchase Order Format? Specifically, same fields displayed for spend money under banking. 

In this way, users will have chance to record transactions prior to processing the payment (pay bill).

Would very much appreciate your help on this.

Thank you.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post