Forum Discussion

BLSurvey
Contributing Cover User
4 years ago
Solved

BANK FEEDS - how to delete an old closed account linked with bank feeds

I have two bank accounts linked to the bank feeds, one account is active and works, the other account is closed.  I would like to delete this account from the bank feeds link but am unable to..... not sure why. In the bank feeds window the active account will display a warning pop up stating "A bank feed is not associated.  Click Manage bank accounts and associate an account to the bank feed".  As this bank account is Active and works every day so it must already be associated.  How do I get rid of this annoying warning ?? I have been puting up with is warning for about 3 years and each time I have asked a question on how to fix, there is no answer....... can anyone help!

thanks ericka

• Hi BLSurvey 

That particular message means that there is one or more bank feeds that don’t have an associated account, regardless of the status of the bank feed.

If the feed that doesn’t have transactions coming through and thus a bank account inside your file to associate with, you will need to create a new bank or credit card account in your account list to associate to the bank feed

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi BLSurvey 

That particular message means that there is one or more bank feeds that don’t have an associated account, regardless of the status of the bank feed.

If the feed that doesn’t have transactions coming through and thus a bank account inside your file to associate with, you will need to create a new bank or credit card account in your account list to associate to the bank feed

BLSurvey
      Contributing Cover User

Thanks Neil, I have created a new code and fixed the issue.  thanks for your patience.

ericka

BLSurvey
      Contributing Cover User

Hi Neil,

thanks for your reply..... but now I am confussed.....

if a bank account is active and i am recieveing transactions in and out of the bank fees, how is it that this bank account is not associated ?

I dont want to create a new bank account as the one that is active is working perfectly.  

the old bank account is the issue and needs to be deleted as it no longer exists, but the system will not allow this. So now I have a bank account on the bank feeds that is closed and correct current bank account that is working perfectly, however I still have this annoying pop up warning... :(  I have attached some print screen shots so you can see what I look at each day !

if you have a solution please let me know.

thanks Ericka

Neil_M
        Former Staff

Hi BLSurvey 

Although the warning may come up when you are receiving transactions on a particular bank feed, it doesn’t necessarily relate to that particular bank feed.

Instead it means that one or more bank feeds on the Manage Bank window, in this case from your screen shot its your old bank account, which doesn’t have an associated account with it. When all of the bank feeds, regardless of their status, have an associated account with them you will stop seeing that warning message