Cash Flow Budgeting and forecasting in Account Right

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
ASKAFOODTECH
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Cash Flow Budgeting and forecasting in Account Right

Hello, 

As a small business owner, monitoring and controlling cash flow is paramount. Can you please add the ability to prepare a cash flow forecast to the Business Insights Report Tab as a priority?

I know you can run the Statement of Cash Flow report, but it is clumsy to trend over the year as you would have to extract the data and analyse it outside the system. I'd rather be able to choose from the report menu within the AR software. Cash is King and I would expect a business of any size to be interested in monitoring from within your software.

Regards

Stewart Eddie

ASKAFOODTECH P/L

3 REPLIES 3
SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Re: Cash Flow Budgeting and forecasting in Account Right

Thank you for your suggestion, There have been some extra reports added to the web browser which I hope you will find helpful. Although this isn't in the Cash flow report you mentioned, there is a Cash movement report which when customised in the web browser give similar information to the cash flow report with the ability to analyse against different years, which may help with creating a forecast.

To find this report:

1. Open AccountRight in a web browser
  2. Go to Reports > Cash movement report  
  3. Open Report Options choose Compare to: and tick Last year and/or Budget
  4. Then close the options screen and you can either view it on the screen or export it to Excel 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

ASKAFOODTECH
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks Samara for your response. Good to know that there is another report I can run with some useful features, however, why is this additional report only available when you use the web browser version?

Can it be made available through the desktop app?

Its not quite addressing the need to look forward rather than retrospectively at your cash flow.

Can you consider adding a third filter in the budget screen for "cash flow", based on the information populated in the P&L or Balance Sheet budget view? 

Thanks in advance

Stewart

SamaraM
1,925 Posts
Former Staff
Former Staff

1,925Posts

0Kudos

236Solutions

Hi Stewart (@ASKAFOODTECH)

The AccountRight Browser is designed to seamlessly work across multiple devices (laptop - both Mac and PC, tablet, mobile. etc). However, they do have their differences in some functions, and some of the features are only available on the desktop app and other features are only available on the web browser.  

At this stage the ability to consolidate reports is one of the features only available when you work in the browser.

These Help Articles have detailed information on the differences between the web browser and desktop versions:

Hope that helps. 

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Regards,
Samara

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| my.MYOB| Download Page

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post