Forum Discussion

MC_18
User
2 years ago
Solved

Customer payments show up on bank reconciliation

When I create a customer payment (they want a receipt to show the invoice is paid) this shows up on the bank reconciliation and the recon. The transaction is not ticked, then the reconciliation balances, but these keep showing up on the next reconciliation as a list. So I delete them. Is this a problem?

Why notjust leave them off the bank reconciliation, they serve no pupose as the credit is in the bank as a deposit already?

• Hi

i am assuming you are using bank feeds

so creating a customer payment for deposits to your bank is what you must do to reconcile not only your bank but your customer card and debtors

if you are allocating from your bank feeds , how are you doing it? If you are creating a customer payment all you need to do is match that payment in the bank feed (find)

if you are doing a customer payment and not reconciling that transaction but your bank reconciles that indicates to me that you are allocating the bank feed transactions, possibly, straight to a gl code.

if this is the case you are overstating your sales income and that has implications for your BAS

If I am correct there will have to be corrections done to delete the incorrect entries and create the pcustomer payments again and match to bank feeds. You will need to rereconcile your accounts and possibly amend you BAS 

Hope this is useful

Lisa

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    LRBooks61
    Ultimate Cover User

Hi

i am assuming you are using bank feeds

so creating a customer payment for deposits to your bank is what you must do to reconcile not only your bank but your customer card and debtors

if you are allocating from your bank feeds , how are you doing it? If you are creating a customer payment all you need to do is match that payment in the bank feed (find)

if you are doing a customer payment and not reconciling that transaction but your bank reconciles that indicates to me that you are allocating the bank feed transactions, possibly, straight to a gl code.

if this is the case you are overstating your sales income and that has implications for your BAS

If I am correct there will have to be corrections done to delete the incorrect entries and create the pcustomer payments again and match to bank feeds. You will need to rereconcile your accounts and possibly amend you BAS 

Hope this is useful

Lisa