Forum Discussion

chauncy
Contributing User
2 years ago

Merge Business Accounts

We use Account Right and we currently have two Business Accounts (see attached screen shot).

The top one we do all our sales invoices, statements etc. in and the second one we do payroll and pay our contractors from.

I have been advised by MYOB in the past that because we are set up this way we cannot do the banking payments directly into MYOB.

Is there a process whereby we can merge the two business accounts into one account so we can set up the banking ?

If you can call me re this might be easier - so email me on sales@bestburningfirefuels.com.au to give details for a conversation.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CloverQ
    Former Staff

Hi chauncy 

This is a community driven forum, all community members can contribute to each other so you may not receive a reply from MYOB moderators. I'm sorry to see that no one has replied yet. 

There is no shortcut way to merge the two company files, you'll need to manually move the data across then start recording everything in the single file from one point on. Whether to move the accounting data into the payroll file, or move payroll into the accounting file is up to your preference, and the amount of data involved. Please check the import and export fields page for all the data type that can be moved. 

If you are moving payroll into the accounting file, the employee cards can be transferred, but the payroll categories will need to be set up manually. It's best to make the change over from the beginning of a payroll year, so the payroll data/reports of the same year aren't split into 2 files. You'll need to set up STP in the accounting file, make sure to choose you've previously used STP and provide the BMSID, please check the FAQ section of this Help page for details: Setting up single touch payroll reporting

Once you are ready to use the single online file only, you can then contact our support channels to have the other online file taken down. I hope this helps.

chauncy
      Contributing User

Thats all I needed to know - a big help - just so I know where to start and we were looking to have this ready to go for the New Financial Year - so we move the payroll into the accounting package as it is smaller to move but don't use it until 1/7/2023.

Again thank you for getting back to me.

chauncy
    Contributing User

Hi MYOB,

Can I get an answer to my question please - it has been 2 weeks and no reply ???