Forum Discussion

2 months ago
Solved

Can I merge a Contact?

Hi There 

I have MYOB Business and have two contacts with the same name, one entered slightly differently in to my contacts list and each one has entries under them but they are for the same person.  Is there a facility whereby I can merge the two contact names so the data can all go under the one name please? I have tried looking for this information in MYOB but can't seem to find an option to do that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you. 

• Hi Chrismaurice,

It's great to have you in our community forum!

Thank you for your post. You are correct that merging contacts is currently not possible in MYOB Business. I can only suggest changing the duplicate card to inactive. I recommend posting this as a feature request on the Ideas Exchange for consideration so that developers will know which features our subscribers would find most useful. 

I hope this workaround is suitable. Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

2 Replies

Shella_A
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Chrismaurice,

It's great to have you in our community forum!

Thank you for your post. You are correct that merging contacts is currently not possible in MYOB Business. I can only suggest changing the duplicate card to inactive. I recommend posting this as a feature request on the Ideas Exchange for consideration so that developers will know which features our subscribers would find most useful. 

I hope this workaround is suitable. Should you require additional assistance, don't hesitate to respond. We also encourage you to connect with our virtual assistant, MOCA, through this link: myob.com/support, for prompt support.

Otherwise, if my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Kind regards,

Shella

Chrismaurice
      User

Thank you for your quick response to my query.  At the moment I don't believe it would be a good idea to change that extra Contact to Inactive as there are purchases etc in that record that are still in the end of year accounts for 31/3/24.  I think I would need to wait until all our accounts have been completed for the end of the financial year before I can do that.  I will however place this onto the Ideas Exchange as I believe it is worth considering.  I use Xero as well for other Companys I do the accounts for and it an option in Xero, so would be great to have it in MYOB as well. Many thanks for your help with this.