Forum Discussion

TonyDu
User
12 months ago

Reversing a complex deposit

Firstly the security preference box is unchecked

We have applied a payment from a customer across 50 odd invoices. This is not usually an issue.

However there were several mistakes and payments allocated to the wrong invoices. Again, this is not usually an issue.

The problem is one of the allocated payments was to an “order” which had not yet been converted to a (bill) Invoice – so that part of the payment goes to “deposits”

Then becomes a “transfer from deposits” after which the order has been converted to an invoice. Thus under normal circumstances cannot be reversed

However we must reverse it to correct it

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi TonyDu 

Thank you so much for your post. We do recommend to double check the Setup Settings can be found under Setup > Preferences > Security and make sure to check the (Transaction CAN'T be Changed: They must be Reversed.).

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

TonyDu
      User

Hi

Earl you must not have read my post - I did say in the opening line that i had already done this.

The situation is now resolved but it ook an hour on phone with a high level Myob tech . Cheers

Genreve_S
        MYOB Moderator

Hi TonyDu

Thanks for posting and adding value to the forum. 

Generally, an order that has been converted into an invoice with deposits will have a long process to reverse. We do recommend making sure that all information in orders or invoices is correct before recording it to avoid the hassle of reversing it. 

If you need further assistance or have any questions feel free to let us know. 

Cheers, 

Genreve.