how to record banked cash and cheque multiple clients

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Stairs101
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

how to record banked cash and cheque multiple clients

Hi everyone,  Hoping someone can help me out.

So the other day i banked some cash and a cheque at the same time.  Unfortunately both deposits were from different payers.  I usually record payments/deposits through bank feeds so when I go to record ''receive payments' , I obviously can't select 2 different customers.

After a bit of research I read about recording them to an 'undeposited funds' account and I understand how that works and is fine expect I can't select this option when I go to 'receive payments' as this greyed out.

How do i change this so I can record correctly?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Tash

2 REPLIES 2
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
New Zealand
Former Staff

45,180Posts

0Kudos

6,759Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: how to record banked cash and cheque multiple clients

Hi @Stairs101 

Are you attempting to select the Undeposited Funds account from the Receive Payments window generated from the Bank Feeds>>New>>Recieve Payment option?

If so, you want to close that window and generate the window from Sales>>Receive Payments. This will allow you tick the Undeposited Funds option so that you can mark that transaction to go through to the Prepare Bank Deposit/Undeposited funds account. Once you have processed that Prepare Bank Deposit including those payments you can use the Find function to match to that bank deposit transaction.

Kind regards,
Steven

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search| My Account

Stairs101
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

7Posts

1Kudos

0Solutions

Re: how to record banked cash and cheque multiple clients

Thank you for your reply.

I had to sort it out before your reply so went ahead and did it how I thought it was meant to be done.  I am not sure if I did it your way but I will check and rectify if needed.

The invoices are marked as paid and the bank feeds transactions is no longer there so hopefully I have done it right!

Thanks again Steven

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post