TIMMULLER
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Import / Export Company data

I want to sanity check what I am trying to do with the community, because this process seems too convoluted to be correct. 

I have signed up and paid for MYOB account Right Plus, so I have access to the online interface. (not just the desktop client)

I want to restore the test data file "clearwater" into the account right plus i have just paid for, so i can access it via the website and use it to train up on the software before we start our actual business in a few months.

The backup / restore feature wont let me do it.  It says i cant restore to the online instance if the company is not already synced. 

Is the only way around this to export each individual data type, and import them? 

Surely I am overlooking something where i can just restore the clearwater file and sync it to my online file instead.

Please advise. 

3 REPLIES 3
gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,015 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,015Posts

911Kudos

635Solutions

Re: Import / Export Company data

Hi @TIMMULLER 

With AccountRight, you cannot restore a file online unless it is already online and you are wanting to replace it with a more up to date copy. Both the serial number and file ID must match.

In order to upload a file online, the serial number in the company file must match the serial number on your subscription. This cannot happen with a Clearwater file. You would be better off creating a new file offline, add or import the transactions you want to start with, then Activate the file with your serial number - then you can upload it online.

Using clearwater file only works for local test purposes.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
TIMMULLER
3 Posts
User

3Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

ok thank you, that is what I had experienced. 

Follow up question, is there an easier way to export than using the import/export wizard?  It only lets you export 1 record type at a time, and accounts, seems to be only 1 month at a time. 

Very tedious. 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,135 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

3,135Posts

116Kudos

485Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @TIMMULLER,

Thank you for your post.

One alternative method you can consider is using reports to export data. You can run a report that includes the data you need, then export the report to a file format of your choice, such as Excel. Kindly refer to this Help article, Account Reports, which has a detailed list of reports. 

Please let me know if you require further assistance.

If my response has answered your inquiry, please click "Accept as Solution" to help other users find this information.

Cheers,

Princess

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post