Forum Discussion

FFOX
Contributing User
3 years ago
Solved

Import Journal template

Hi,

I'm importing a payroll journal from Employment Hero which is compatible with MYOB AccountRight but I cannot find a field to match with "is credit"?  I can see on MYOB Help that this is an option for a General Journal Import but it is not appearing in my selection when I import the payroll journal.

I have attached the Account Right export compatibility screen in Employment Hero, the Journal Import screen in MYOB (I have tried both General Journal and Transaction Journal and have the same issue with both) and the MYOB help screen which says I should have an import field in MYOB for Is Credit to match to

• Hi FFOX, looking at the screenshot of your import/matching process, it looks like the fields in the import file are designed for the old version 19 format, for example fields such as Credit Ex-Tax Amount are unique to that format. 

If you open the actual import (text) file, you may see {} on the first line. If you delete that line, then re-import, AccountRight will recognise the older style import and match accordingly. 

However, you don't want to be doing that every time, so it should be possible to change the settings in Employment Hero so that the correct file format is exported. (Although your selection for the file-based export of "MYOB AccountRight Live" appears to be correct). It may also be worth disabling the file export and investigating the journal services option for a seamless solution.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi FFOX, looking at the screenshot of your import/matching process, it looks like the fields in the import file are designed for the old version 19 format, for example fields such as Credit Ex-Tax Amount are unique to that format. 

If you open the actual import (text) file, you may see {} on the first line. If you delete that line, then re-import, AccountRight will recognise the older style import and match accordingly. 

However, you don't want to be doing that every time, so it should be possible to change the settings in Employment Hero so that the correct file format is exported. (Although your selection for the file-based export of "MYOB AccountRight Live" appears to be correct). It may also be worth disabling the file export and investigating the journal services option for a seamless solution.