Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

MYOB Offer Poor Support

Frankly I am just looking to vent.  The support I receive from MYOB is always terrible.  When you finally get through, the people you talk to are horribly under-equiped to answer the questions/solve problems.  In one case I had a MYOB bug that I needed to deal with.  The first time i had the problem, they fixed my transactions.  The next time - bad luck, your system is always going to reflect inaccurate information.  I have already started migrating one of my company files to Quick Books, and the support I have received from them has been exceptional.  I have already run MYOB and Quick Books in parallel for one quarter and successfully matched, and I am about to reconcile the 2nd quarter.  Assuming both sets of books matched again, I will be closing one MYOB file and in all likelihood will start runing my other company file in parallel with Quickbooks shortly after.  

I have been with MYOB since 2010 and their support has steadily and surely become worse.  I am amused by the fact that after MYOB have provided support assistance they send you a "MYOBelieve you can DIY!" email, when their own support people flounded with the problem.

I made a support call yesterday where I spent over an hour on the phone and eventually got some glib advice about how to solve the problem (after the support person had to call for advice).  Interestingly, I went to see my Accountant's MYOB person today, and they not only suggested in a few moments what the MYOB people took me an hour to get to yeterday, but also showed me a much better way to correct the transactions in question.

I really would prefer to stay with MYOB.  They know and I know, most people will put up with poor service, because it is too hard to change their accounting software - which is exactly what I did.  It gets to the point where staying makes no sense staying though, and it is now worth the pain of migrating.

6 REPLIES 6
Gee_T
MYOB Moderator
6 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Re: MYOB Offer Poor Support

Hi @Bad-Support,

It's understandable why you are frustrated with this experience. I'm truly sorry to hear about the difficulties you've encountered with our support services. We are continuously working on improving our support model. This includes creating and validating content faster to deliver a better support experience.

We have several avenues for support that you can explore. MYOB offers a comprehensive online help center where you can find help for all MYOB products. You can also manage your account online, which includes handling account and billing updates yourself. If you're having trouble with your MYOB product, you can submit a support request through your account. For more complex issues, you can chat with our support team. We also have a thriving Community Forum where you can ask questions and find answers from other users. 

We understand that our support model may not have met your expectations in the past, and we are actively working on improvements. For instance, we are implementing changes to the Digital Experience support processes based on user feedback.

If you decide to continue with MYOB, we have a range of resources available on our support page to assist you. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to improve our services. We hope you will give us another chance to assist you with your MYOB needs.

Cheers,

Gee 

Bad-Support
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Hi Gee, Are you an AI or did you just use:
1. AI to write the response for you?

2 Use a pre-prepared template?

It is quite clear the response is just lip service to serious concerns.  Pointing me to the support page just rubs salt in the wounds, when part of my complaint was that the support person's follow up email me pointed me towards that, even though he wasn't even able to come up with any solution in under an hour on the phone???  ...and to reiterate, even then his solution was a long way from the optimal solution provided by the my accountant's MYOB person.  I look forward to cancelling my subscriptions when the transitions are complete.

Gee_T
MYOB Moderator
6 Posts
MYOB Moderator
MYOB Moderator

6Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Bad-Support 

We appreciate your patience and understanding about your recent experience with our support.  I know that waiting  long hours on the phone and not being able to get the complete resolution you needed is frustrating. I want to assure you that your concerns are being taken seriously.

I have raised your issue to our dedicated team. They will be reaching out to you soon to address your concerns.

Thanks,

Gee

Ben_Schultz
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

This has gotten even worse, just FYI. It points me to unresolved error messages in forum posts. I'm probably going to look at other services.

Bad-Support
Experienced User
11 Posts
Experienced User
Experienced User

11Posts

4Kudos

0Solutions

Just for the record, the Moderator's response (Probably just an AI) promised that someone would be in touch, and like everything else at MYOB it is just lip service.  I haven't heard from anyone - and I've completely lost interest in talking to anyone anyway.

Ben_Schultz
2 Posts
User

2Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Yeah, they finally gave me a person and they just told me to do everything manually. They refused to give me a call or let me  speak with a technical support officer. Just the same script they step through. 

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post