IMPORTING JOBS

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
CropServ
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

IMPORTING JOBS

Hi

At the end of every year we archive the current year's jobs list - by exporting, changing the Sub Job to an Archive header made and making them an Inactive Job. As we have over 2100 jobs it is usually so much quicker to export, make the changes and import the changes.

When doing it this year it took many hours for the import to finish and it did not work successfully (by selecting Match All). I restored the back up file and have tried again by cutting down the number of items in the import list.

The results of the import: 2 records imported without errors, 1 record imported with warning, 67 records skipped. These results were from selecting Auto Match.

I would appreciate any help. I have attached the file I imported and the import log.

I will be restoring the back up file again.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff
Australia
Former Staff

9,085Posts

0Kudos

1,386Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: IMPORTING JOBS

Hi @CropServ 

Thank you for the details and files. 

I tested importing your job file with AccountRight v2022.6 sample company file by creating a header account called 'ARCHIV2021-2022', all jobs imported successfully (with some warnings).

I think the problem you are having resides with job 'ARCHIV2021-2022' in your company file, it needs to be a header job in order to move all the other jobs under it, and error -4131 indicates that it cannot be made into a header because this job has allocations in your transactions files. If that is the case, you can look into renaming it then create a new header account with the desired name then move the jobs under it. And I do suggest using 'Auto match' instead of 'Match all'.

Please feel free to let us know how you go.

Kind regards,
Clover

MYOB Community Support

Online Help| Forum Search|Download Page

Did my answer help?

Mark it as a SolutionHelpful? Leave a to tell others

CropServ
Experienced Cover User
47 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
Experienced Cover User

47Posts

2Kudos

1Solutions

Re: IMPORTING JOBS

Thank you Clover. Didn't even look at the header button.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post