Forum Discussion

Misha70
Experienced User
4 years ago
Solved

Session Reports

Can someone please advise where I can locate a session report to show what users have logged in and what has been changed/deleted/entered etc.

Problem

All the opening balances have gone from my clients accounts that has been operating for many years and all of a sudden opening balances are gone/bank feed errors are happening, Account List names have changed (gone back to genric) and other changes have been made.

On checking with the accountant they notice this as well and thought I might have done something - which I did not do, so we are thinking that the owner has by mistake made changes without realising what they were doing.

I am looking for the report that used to show when someone logged in and what they did when logged in to see if we can back track to when the problem may have happen - as at EOM Dec 2020 all was fine and correct.

On looking in MYOB AR - I can see security reports but this does not show changes made - any assistance would be appreciated - as backups on PC are not done by myself and accountant has not done for awhile (lesson learnt there) - do back ups on cloud MYOB happen automatically?

Thank you

• Hi Misha70 

For online server backup retrieval, we do require payment on a credit card for that fee.

Depending on the file and when the backup was taken we would typically be able to provide a backup for around that timeframe. Would need that private message of the serial number and company file ID to confirm what options we do have for backups around that timeframe that we can provide.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Misha70 

AccountRight 2021 does have a series of reports that showcase which user sign-on and also changes made to the journals. These reports are located in Reports>>Accounts>>Security and Audit report. The Journal Security showing changes to the journals (when a transaction has added, deleted, edited...), the Session Security Audit report showing users logged in and off times.

In your case, you mentioned opening balances of accounts, direct changes to the account opening balances are not tracked by the system and those reports. For example, if the user goes into the Accounts>>Accounts List and updates the opening balance of an account is not tracked. Although, if the change was done via a journal entry/transaction then you would have a record in that Journal Security Audit report.

You also referred to backups by MYOB, when the company file is stored in the cloud, MYOB does take regular backups of the company file should the worst happen. We do offer an online backup server retrieval process, which is a paid service (~$50 per backup*) where the AccountRight Live Owner can request a copy of one of those backups to be retrieved. Should this be required, you are welcome to send me a private message on this Forum with your product serial number, company file ID (Help>>About AccountRight) and the date you are needing to retain.

*Current at time of posting

Misha70
      Experienced User

Thank you - I am just confirmation from Accountant and owner.

Can you advise if the cost is directed debited from bank account on MYOB records?

We would be looking at trying to get backup as of 31 Dec 2020 - would this date still be able to be retrived?

Steven_M
        Former Staff

Hi Misha70 

For online server backup retrieval, we do require payment on a credit card for that fee.

Depending on the file and when the backup was taken we would typically be able to provide a backup for around that timeframe. Would need that private message of the serial number and company file ID to confirm what options we do have for backups around that timeframe that we can provide.