can I run a GL transaction list in excel that includes account code field on each line?

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
Legion
Trusted User
26 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

26Posts

7Kudos

3Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

can I run a GL transaction list in excel that includes account code field on each line?

TFPG posted a question in 2015

"Can I run a report similar to other accounting packages that includes the account number field for each transaction? This way I can sort the data in excel by account code. The GL Detail report just shows the account code in the a subheader row but this doesn't enable me to sort the list by account number. Every accounting package I have used has this option so I am finding the GL Detail report very limiting."

Six years later I'm sure this simple task would have been addressed by now. Can you point me in the right direction. I've tried Find Transactions, Account Transactions [Accrual] and General Ledger [Detail]. 

2 REPLIES 2
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,857 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,857Posts

1,026Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Re: can I run a GL transaction list in excel that includes account code field on each line?

Hi @Legion , if you send the GL detail report to Excel, add a column between cols A and B, and enter the following formula to B12 (next to the first account number): =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("-",C12)),C12,B11). The Find formula will only return a number if "-" is found in cells in column C.

Copy that formula down all the rows of the report. You could extend it to only show values in data rows, but that can also be done by filtering out blanks in columns Src or Date.

PS: (Edited) Before manipulating the spreadsheet further, you may need to copy the new column and paste it as values over itself, otherwise the formulae will give incorrect results. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

Legion
Trusted User
26 Posts
Trusted User
Trusted User

26Posts

7Kudos

3Solutions

Re: can I run a GL transaction list in excel that includes account code field on each line?

Thanks Mike. That will do the job nicely.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post