Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Spend Money/Receive Money: Ability to Insert/Delete Rows (General Journals)

Partner

243Posts

464Kudos

0Solutions

243 Posts
Partner
Australia

It would be really useful if MYOB had the ability to insert rows in Spend Money/Receive Money/General Journals transactions (you can do it in purchase/sales invoices) – it is extremely frustrating when something has been entered and a line is missing, you then need to redo a section of the journal if you want it in a particular order (or especially with recurring journals that may slightly change from month to month and you want to insert a line, but not at the bottom). 

This would be easily overcome with the ability to insert lines in these types of transactions.  What do other people think or am I the only one that wants the order of line items to be in a specific order?

"Ability to Insert/Delete rows in Spend/Receive Money and General Journals"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2012

This is a great idea and one we will consider for a future update. If others think this would be a valuable feature please vote for it as it will help us prioritise our work.

32 Comments
Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Great idea - I have found this frustrating too.

PaperworkPlace
Partner
10 Posts
Partner

definately agree - great idea

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff
This is a great idea and one we will consider for a future update. If others think this would be a valuable feature please vote for it as it will help us prioritise our work.
MickMaye
2 Posts
Cover User

A definite yes from us as this is very frustrating fora couple of lines in a 20-30 journal.

Kirstenb
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Deleting an unwanted row in a spend/receive money trscn was something that you could do in Premier by deleting the account number and then clicking in another cell. The feature has been removed in AR Live but I really need it back.

I have set up recurring recieve money transactions for daily reconciliation of sales and cash recieved through the til, EFT etc.

The recurring transaction has all possible lines in it but as you can imagine it varies on a daily basis as to how money is received. SOmetimes you need the petty cash line some days you don't etc.

It's frustrating that I now have mulitple 'blank' lines in many of my transactions because I can't remove them anymore when I post the transaction each day.

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

I might be missunderstanding but I have tried this and it seems to be working fine for me.  If I am in a spend money transaction and I blank out the account number and then click on another row the line is removed.  I did notice I had to click on a different row while Premier I could click in another cell of the same row.  If this is still not working for you I can ask support to contact you and have a look.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Dale - you have hit the nail on the head ... a lot of us are not "clickers" and we are having to take out fingers off the keyboard too many times - which is time and money... however ...

Kirsten - I'm still working with AR 2012.9.14 (NZ) and have just tested.  If I click / highlight / tab to the account number, choose the delete key and then push the up or down arrow key it does actually delete the line completely, and then consolidate the lines, whereas in old versions the lines were "blank" until such time as you actually recorded the transaction. 

Julz

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We need an easier way to remove a line in a journal or sale than having to delete the account number and then move up a line.

My previous software had an x in a column at the end of the line that you could click on to delete the line.

See attached.

AccountAllocations.png
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @Kelly81 

Yes, I agree in as far as 'Spend Money', 'Receive Money' and 'General Journals'  however a "new idea" already exists on this link for that purpose  Ability to Insert Delete rows in Spend Receive Money and General Journals; although you can delete a line in a Sale or Purchase by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D as indicated below:-

Line Deletion.jpg

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This shows one example of how my old software provider does it.

http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-Idea-Exchange/Deleting-a-line-in-a-transaction/idc-p/25141...