Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Accounts List: Select Account Classification before select account

Experienced Cover User

260Posts

77Kudos

1Solutions

260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When I am on the first tab page "All Accounts" and click the "New" button I can only create an account that has an "Asset" account classification.

I have complained about this previously but to date it hasn't been fixed.

I have two suggestions that would address this problem:

1) The option to create "new" be edited so that we can create an account with any account classification OR

2) When the "All Accounts" tab page is active the "New" button should be hidden and only the button to "Edit" live.

'All accounts tab page on accounts list"

All Accounts Tab.png
Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: March 2015

I understand you would prefer to be able to select the Account Classification before creating the account. This may be something that gets looked into in a future update.  I encourage others who would like to see this change to please vote by clicking on the +Vote button at the top left hand side of the Idea.

11 Comments
David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Kelly,

If you click on the blue drop arrow alongside the Account Type  after you select New then you can scroll down the list and select other types of accounts. when you do this the screen will change to reflect the type selected.

Capture2.JPG

Cheers

David

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @Kelly81 

Thank you for idea in regards to creating an account.

As mentioned by @David_Cree, the option to create a new account from the All Accounts will default to the Account Classification of Asset. This is because it is the first one in the list of accounts. You can change the Account Type to change the Account Classification if required.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Sorry but this is not the case.

It is impossible to change the account classification and the 8 options aren't in the list and changing the item in the drop down to something else doesn't change the classification.

I just tried it.

Please see attached screenshot. Account Type.png

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Also from the easy setup assistant you used to be able to setup an account of any account classification. This functionality has been taken away.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Kelly81 

I've just tested in the new AccountRight, I could choose other account types such as Income or Expense from the same drop down menu. It would then in turn update the Account Classification as well.

From the screenshot you've attached, you can already see the option 'Credit Card' and 'Accounts Payable' showing at the bottom of the list. Choosing either of them would change the Account Classification to Liability. If you keep scrolling down you would be able to choose from all the other account categories. 

The Easy Setup Assistant functions the same way in the new AccountRight and in classic versions. When you create a new account they would both start as an Asset account, you can then change the Account Classification by changing the Account Type. 

Please feel free to post again if you have further queries.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@CloverQ 

It doesn't address what I'm saying though.

We should have the ability to be able to change the classification which should then update the options below.

From what you are saying you first "have to know" what account type you want. For someone who has only been using AR for a year - I have no idea what account types associate to what classfications.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Kelly,

I would have thought that the Account Types are self explanatory as to their Classification. Most of them say if they are an Asset, Liability, Expense etc. In any case if you choose the wrong one then just re-select another.

Cheers

David

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello @David_Cree 

It's not user friendly that way.  MYOB pride themselves on easy to use time saving software but there is many things that mean this isn't the case. This is just one.

The user is expected to know what classification options are available to what type.

It should be the other way around.

You chose the classification, then it gives you the option of what type you want.

Thanks.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback, @Kelly81. I understand you would prefer to be able to select the Account Classification before creating the account. This may be something that gets looked into in a future update.  Thank you again for clarifying your point of view.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello @Suja_P 

To do that the status of "already in product would have to be removed.

Thanks