Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Accounts: Stop journal consolidation

Valued Partner

97Posts

86Kudos

11Solutions

97 Posts
Valued Partner
New Zealand

Hi,

In earlier versions of AccountRight it was possible to enter a single journal entry that coded against the same account multiple times, and each line could be reconciled individually, or searched for individually in reports or Find Transaction screens.

Is it possible to return to the old way of reporting journal entries, where I could reconcile each line individually, and search for each line individually?  The way the software now consolidates journals makes it much harder for me to see the individual parts of account movement if I'm coding spend money or general journal transactions.

"Stop journal consolidation in AccountRight 2011"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2013

Thanks again for all your votes and comments. We have implemented this suggestion in AccountRight 2013.4. We hope the change makes business life easier for you.

35 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,857 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Dale, yes I'd agree with that distinction.

What's the current thinking on inventory adjustments?

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Mike, thanks for the response.  Inventory Adjustments in v2012 and v19 seem to currently behave the same so I am not proposing to change this at this time.  But I would be interested in your thoughts?

LynleyAveris
Trusted Partner
54 Posts
Trusted Partner

Hi Dale

I work with an accountant client called Ian who is the journal King (everything is entered via GJ - unorthodox I know but he has worked that way since 1995). PLEASE don't consolidate - it is driving him to insantity. If people want to do that they can decide and enter a single amount but MYOB shouldn't do that for them.

Thanks Lynley A

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,857 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Regarding inventory adjustments, (a) sorry for the huge delay in reply, (b) they have an allocation (line) memo so in my view should not be consolidated.

Will this idea be implemented soon?

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Mike,

It is scheduled for our 2013.1 update in April.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

Kirstenb
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

Hi Jason, I know that you have the issue with consolidating spend/receive money and journal lines in development but could you please let us know when that release is due out? Bank recs are nearly driving me spare at the moment

Star28
1 Post
Cover User

When recording a journal entry in the old MYOB if you entered 4 different amounts going into the same account when you bank rec it appeared as 4 separate enteries, but in the new version it adds them all together. Would love it back the way it was in the old version as bank rec's are taking longer as i have to go into each journal separately to make sure that it is correct.

KarlChch
1 Post
Cover User

I also would like it to go back to showing individual entries. Cannot see anywhere where it is an option within Live.

seachange
Experienced User
33 Posts
Experienced User

yup good idea!

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Yes please - I have voted for it and can now only cross my fingers.