Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
TamFowler
8 Posts
Cover User

Seriously.... For such a 'new-age' product and option that MYOB wish to be, this is critical!  

I've been burnt by PayDirect Online and really not happy about the lack of thought they've put into this design, for their customers... maybe we could pay our subscriptions through MYOB PayDirect Onlne and they would experience the lack of auto surcharge that it would hurt them!  

Kleio
1 Post
Cover User

Totally agree with all the above!! Need the option to include the credit card surgarge, otherwise will not be using. Can MYOB include other options like direct bank transfer to our account (EFT)

calibre
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Actually quite ridiculous that this is not an option from the start.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi MYOB,

Once again your product development team appear to be totally ignorant to what people require of their accounting software.

Another post on the MYOB blog is discussing a topic that is being ignored by MYOB.

https://www.myob.com/au/blog/dealing-with-credit-card-surcharges-in-your-business/

The rates for Pay Direct are too high and the software is unable to cope with passing the surcharge on to the customers.

@Merrin

@Dale

Alan

yabb2u
Experienced Cover User
38 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have been following this for months and there's not so much as an acknowledgement of the concerns raised, let alone explanation for the position taken, from MYOB. So it seems that MYOB don't care. I am no longer following this thread as it is a waste of my time. 

DolviNominee
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

agree. should've been put in PRIOR to release.

I set it up and then stopped using it.  It took too long for the money to hit the bank, by which time it was too late to go back and charge the credit card surcharge.

Increase my charges was the advice given by the support team. So the poor buggers who dont pay by CC get hit with the cost? not the way I do business thanks.

Claire_EMG
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

As a not for profit organisation the idea is great but would like it to automatically add the 2.2% onto their invoice - Our club is happy to cop the $0.25 fee but the interest should be added onto their invoice.

KellyMcL
5 Posts
Cover User

Your developers are 'currently considering the option of credit card surcharge'???? Seriously? This isn't an Oscar campaign ie 'For Your Consideration'. Ridiculous that PDO was launched without an easy and transparent way for business to recoup the 2.2% from the customer. If you're for business then this is a no brainer. Try telling your developers what to do esp when your customers are clear about what they want. We pay their salary, remember?  

maxcc
1 Post
Cover User

i wont be using this service until there is an option to automatically charge the 2.2% surcharge back to the customer

WesternPC
1 Post
Cover User

Please add the feature so that the customer can pay the fees! If all of my customers decided to pay with this feature, it would cost me an aboslute fortune!