Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Save column widths when closing window

Cover User

5Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I've recently upgraded from v19 and have come against the following issue apart from speed and form issues. Whenever I open a form (eg. sales invoice or purchase invoice) the location to enter invoice details (description, item number, price, etc.) is so small to the extent that I need to stretch the form to the size of the screen to get a reasonable amount of visible space to type in any information as well as just seeing the column titles. This process needs to be repeated for every single invoice I entry. Making a previously qucik process extremely slow and labourious (I estimate that data entry now takes me 3-4 times longer). Can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Tahir.

"Window size"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2012

With Service Pack 4 if you resize the columns in the grid of a transaction (e.g. Invoice )these settings will be saved for this and any subsequent sessions. Thanks for the feedback.

4 Comments
Tazter
Super Partner
666 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Tahir,

Welcome to the MYOB Community User Forum.

As a user who only uses the item layout in the new 2011 version of AccountRight (AR2011), I've found it very frustrating to have to set column widths each session.  However, once I have set my column widths for the session I minimise the Sales Item layout when I'm not using it.  I don't change the screen size but instead changing the column widths starting from enlarging the Description column by moving the starting and ending points when the cursor changes to a double ended white arrow symbol as the mouse pointer is hovered over those column start and end points. Please refer to attached image where I've identified the start and end points of the 'Description' column.

I've been informed that Service Pack 4 (SP4) automatically saves the settings once I've done it; so there will be no more have to set the column widths each time I restart AR2011.

I'm looking forward to its release which I understand is not far away as testing of SP4 is nearing completion.  When it does get released remember it is only the column widths that need to be changed and not necessarily the screen size.

Sales - New Item - Col Adjustments.jpg
Mathike
5 Posts
Cover User

Thank you hope it arrives soom

Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
With Service Pack 4 if you resize the columns in the grid of a transaction (e.g. Invoice )these settings will be saved for this and any subsequent sessions. Thanks for the feedback.
Phelec
Experienced Cover User
50 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have installed version 2018.1.20.7153. When entering purchases all of the columns are approximately the same width. I do not want a one inch wide column for a back order amount, a gst code, etc. I do want a wider column for description and item code.

Yes I have adjusted them. Yes I do have save windows size and location set to on in my preferences. BUT, they will not remember these settings.

In sales the columns seem to have been remembered.

What has gone wrong with the latest update?