Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Directly from software

Valued Partner

133Posts

206Kudos

10Solutions

133 Posts
Valued Partner
Australia

I use Gmail (part of Google Apps) for my business and I'd love to be able to email invoices / payslips directly from MYOB using gmail without needing to instal a third party software package.

I'm aware at the moment, only software which is MAPI compliant can be used as mail program.  It would save a lot of time if this can be changed somehow so that webmail can also be used.

There are posts on this forum saying a third party software package is available to be used for those of us who use Gmail or other webmail products however it would be great if we didn't need to instal this to be able to use the email functionality within MYOB.

"Emailing from MYOB directly to webmail (gmail google apps) without third party software"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: April 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce with the release of AccountRight 2016.1 comes with the ability to email out without the use of Microsoft Outlook (or other MAPI compatible email programs). For more information into this feature and the benefits of AccountRight 2016.1 please see The AccountRight Blog: AccountRight 2016.1 now available

Please note that the company file does need to be online to access this feature.

13 Comments
mkoziara
1 Post
User

Hi, has it been implemented? I can't find this option in latest MYOB AccoutRight - upgraded today.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @mkoziara

Currently we are still in development of allowing a great range of email programs to be supported with AccountRight. At this moment MYOB does only support Microsoft Outlook 2010 and later (32 bit versions only) - as per the system requirements. However in saying that we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this particular idea.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for your comments and voting for this idea.

I'm pleased to announce with the release of AccountRight 2016.1 comes with the ability to email out without the use of Microsoft Outlook (or other MAPI compatible email programs). For more information into this feature and the benefits of AccountRight 2016.1 please see The AccountRight Blog: AccountRight 2016.1 now available

Please note that the company file does need to be online to access this feature.