Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: Invoices - Show prompt payment discount amount value

Cover User

1Posts

66Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

We give customers a  prompt payment discount.

It would be great if we could print this on the invoice. For example, "Total if Paid Before…” I have seen other companies do this on their bills. It might help people pay us faster.

"Discount on Invoice"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2012

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a sensible idea - I wonder if other businesses need this? Use the Vote button if you like this idea.

28 Comments
AHJS
Experienced Cover User
178 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I cant find the vote button but please pop this up for consideration!!  We use a discount for upfront payment to help our cashflow, we're small business we need this

Frontier
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User

This is such a significant issue that we are currently considering switching to alternative accounting software provider. Any word on whether or not this is more or less likely to be implemented?

Me005
4 Posts
Cover User

I have wanted this feature for years.  Can't believe it is not available yet?

Jaycee
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This feature would greatly asssist our customers who have been granted early payment terms.

Flow
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has anything happened with this request? I would like this too however it appears nothing has been done with this requests. Seems like common sense that if a discount is offered it can be displayed on the printed or emailed invoice. I note the Payment amount when using credit card shows the discounted amount but yet there is no way on the invoice to show what the discount amount is or the total due if paid by certain date. 

Flow
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi MYOB,

PLEASE can you give us the ability to add fields to our Invoice Forms that allows us to display the prompt payment discount information?

We need to be able to show:

- Discount Amount (Percentage and Actual Amount as two fields)

- Total of invoice (If paid before set date)

- Normal Due Date AND Discount Due Date

Currently the disount does not appear ANYWHERE on the form which makes the Prompt Payment Discount feature pointless!!

This has been requested before but for some reason you are ignoring these requests.

Thanks,

Flow

MicahEPNZ
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Just commenting here in the hopes that this thread stays alive. This issue has plagued our business for ages. I can't believe this topic has been active since 2012 and nothing has been done. So many companies are doing this with their invoices now. MYOB is supposed to be on the leading edge.

Please MYOB, help us out. 50+ votes certainly shows that there is a desire for this, right?? We really appreciate the option to customise the automated invoice reminders that you just launched; let's keep the momentum going!!

BSC-Australia
1 Post
Cover User

I need to be able to specify the early payment discount as a dollar amount (not a percentage). 

With only 2 decimal points available in the early payment discount field (i.e., x.xx%), the discount will often get rounded to the wrong number.

E.g., a $20 discount on $380 is 5.263158%.  If i use  5.26%, the discount is $19.99, if i use 5.27%, the discount is $20.03. 

The easy fix would be to increase the number of decimal points available in the discount % field.

Cheers

Guy