Forum Discussion

Neil59
User
7 months ago
Solved

MYOB Business - How to remove discount column on Invoice

The Services & Items invoice layout shows a discount column. You'd think if I typed zero in the discount column, it would simply not print the entire column, but no, it prints the column with zeros. This tells my clients "We offer discounts, but NOT to you!" Therefore I'm forced to use the Service layout and miss out on the functionality of the Services & Items.

I see people have been complaining about this problem for years. Come on MYOB!!

• I have sent a number of invoices to myself as test invoices and found that if the discount column is left at 0 the discount column is not vsible to the customer as it is omitted from the sent invoice. I am happy with this as it does give me to option to show a discount if I so choose.

7 Replies

• Hi Neil59,

Thank you for your post.

First and foremost, we want to express our gratitude for your continued support and your patience regarding the feature you've raised. We understand how frustrating it can be when it doesn't allow you to customize the invoice template to your preferences, and we apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

We are committed to making our software better, and our developers are constantly working to improve the user experience. We'll surely brought this to the attention of the relevant team. We also encourage you to post to our MYOB Business/Essentials Idea Exchange regarding this feature for our developers' review and consideration.

We genuinely value you as our customers and appreciate the feedback you provide. This will give us a chance to improve our system and services. Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

If you've got more suggestions or if there's anything else we can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're happy to help.

Cheers,

Princess

kasullivan
    Contributing User

You are so right!

I have previously posted about this issue but no resolution as yet.

Without fixing the discount column by removing or creating a third template there are components of the program that cannot be used which is frustrating.

Also having to type in an item each time an invoice is created is time better spent on other things.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi kasullivan,

Thank you for your post. I understand your frustration and the challenges you're facing with the discount column and the need to manually input items on each invoice. It can be time-consuming and hinder your productivity. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received a resolution to this issue despite your previous posts.

Your feedback is valuable, and we're dedicated to enhancing our software to better meet your needs. Rest assured that I'll pass this feedback on to the relevant team. I also encourage you to post this in our MYOB Idea Exchange for our developers' review and consideration.

I genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.

If you have any specific questions or if there's anything I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Princess

pippypip
    Trusted Cover User

I have sent a number of invoices to myself as test invoices and found that if the discount column is left at 0 the discount column is not vsible to the customer as it is omitted from the sent invoice. I am happy with this as it does give me to option to show a discount if I so choose.

Princess_R
      MYOB Moderator

Hi pippypip 

Thank you for sharing this additional information and your experience with the invoices. I'm glad to hear that you found a solution that works for you, and it's great that the system allows you the flexibility to choose whether to show a discount or not. Your comments are valuable and can be helpful to others who might come across a similar situation.

If you have any more questions or need further assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Once again, thank you for your insights.

Cheers,

Princess

Neil59
      User

Hi pippypip, I had done the exact same thing with test invoices prior to making this post. At the time my test invoices were definitely showing the discount column with 0. When I saw your reply, I did the test again and this time... the discount column was omitted just as it was for you! Hooray!!

I know others have been complaining about this issue for some time and it appears that MYOB have finally corrected it. Thank you MYOB for the fix and thank you pippypop for bringing the fix to my attention.

Princess_R
        MYOB Moderator

Hi Neil59,

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that the issue with the discount column has been resolved for you. Please be informed that we'll be closing this thread as resolved. Please feel free to create a new post again if you need help in the future. We're always here to help.

Cheers,

Princess