Forum Discussion

Louise_xoz
Experienced User
5 years ago
Solved

DISCOUNT LINE ITEM FOR INVOICES

Hello,

I need to create a simpel line item for discounts to the overall invoice value.  

This owuld be a negative nymber entry to reflect as a discount, to be used for co op marktg, or other expense.

Thanks.

Neil_M
    5 years ago

Hi Louise_xoz 

Items can only have a positive amount when being created in the Items List. That said when using the item you will have to enter it in as a negative quantity. This will apply the discount to the item invoice so that the amount of the invoice will be discounted.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Neil_M
    Former Staff

Hi Louise_xoz 

Within AccountRight, if you’re using item invoices and need to create a discount item to use regularly this is created in the same was as a normal item. The only difference is that when using the discount item, it would be entered in as a negative quantity

For service invoices, as these don’t use items, you’d need to enter in the discount line manually.

Louise_xoz
      Experienced User

When I create a new item to use as an invoice line - I can't create a fixed negative value, nor modify it to any negative value. 

Obviously a problem between the chair and keyboard!

Thanks - Louise.

Neil_M
        Former Staff

Hi Louise_xoz 

Items can only have a positive amount when being created in the Items List. That said when using the item you will have to enter it in as a negative quantity. This will apply the discount to the item invoice so that the amount of the invoice will be discounted.