Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Forms: (Item) Invoices - Discounted unit price column

HOU
Cover User

5Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi

I thought I would just write a post as I've searched all over to solve this problem and I assume that it can't be altered but thought I'd try the forum as a last try.

Basically we run AccountRight Premier V19.6. When printing an item invoice it has the unit price (lets say $10) and then the discount colum (let's say 20%) and then the total which is the extended price (so the total number of units x the unit price less the discount).

My question is is there any way to add a column on the printed invoice that has the unit price adjusted for the discount so if someone was buying 10 items at $10 with a 20% discount it would show the item price $10 less discount 20% is unit price $8 and then extended price $80, so that customers can see what the discounted unit price is.

Thanks

'Invoicing - showing discounts off unit price"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a sensible idea -we'd love to know how many other businesses need this? Use the Vote button if you like this idea.

25 Comments
Clive
Ultimate Partner
3,343 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi

You are right, MYOB will not do this.

Regards

Clive Williams

trimbojd
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

We're having EXACTLY the same problem and I was just about to post the same question - OMG - how could MYOB NOT have this functionality? To overcome this, we have to enter the unit price of EVERY line item we sell to ensure our customers know what their buying unit price is. This takes far too long to do - how is it that MYOB cannot add the single item in the sales table that must exist in the table as it is used to calulate the extended price? This cannot be too costly or too onerous a change....and given the disasterous launch of the much vaunted upgraded system - surely issues like this can be quickly addressed and released quickly. Any comments MYOB?

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner

Hi,

It would be good to be able to print the discounted items unit price on invoices instead of only having the option to print the regular price and also the discount percentage.

For example it is confusing for customers to see on an invoice

Qty 3 Item xxx Description std price 5.50 total amount 12.00.

Also it would be nice to be able to see when entering sales for a customer the last price charged for that item for that particular customer as a drop down or something instead of having to run the customer detail report history each time.

Thanks,

Julia

WAAAAM
1 Post
Cover User

I, also was about to post this same question.  Is there a way we can request MYOB to look at including this function.  It shouldn't be a hard function to include as the program would have to work it out at some stage anyway.

Having to manually add it as a separate line involves a lot of additional hours of work over all and more chance of mistakes Smiley Frustrated

Jeni

trimbojd
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Well its been just under a year since my post on this and no reply from MYOB as to whether they are even thinking about doing this - so I wouldn't hold your breath Jeni. They are quick to respond with a few comfort phrases - but when it comes to actually doing anything to improve the functionality of the product - that's a whole different issue.

Regards

JT

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback. I have moved this thread to the Idea Exchange for the benefit of our product development team.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

jackintas
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I operate a business which sells products which other people produce. As a selling fee I take 20% from everything I purchase as a commission.

I am using Premier V19 

I apply Volume discount of 20% on every purchasers card in the "buying details" for all purchases.

When I create a purchase, it includes the volume discount and adjusts the purchase - great - but I need the discount to show on a remittance advice.

I can enter it as a "$" amount on payment and this achieves what I am after, but it is tedious to have to manually calculate and enter the discount each time.

It would be great to have the "Volume discount" linked to an additional "Volume Discount - column every page" which would reflect discounts taken as a % of the purchase price.

I could then issue a Remittance advice which would show the sellers original price, the discounts taken as a commission and the net amount paid in satisfaction of their invoice.

KMack
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

PLEASE can we have the ability to print the amount of discount on a customers invoice and total discount for the monrht on their statement.  It makes is difficult for us with customers who dont think they have a discount because they cant see the amount on the invoice or statement.

thanks,

Kathy

GDK
Super Partner
680 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Kathy

As a workaround you can show discount% on the invoice to show the customer that they have a discount

Will_H
MYOB Moderator
2,587 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like a sensible idea -we'd love to know how many other businesses need this? Use the Vote button if you like this idea.