Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Journal Entry: Attach document

Cover User

4Posts

153Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

can you please add the option to add an invoice when entering a journal entry. I just entered a journal entry for a large purchases which was financed but am unable to add the invoice so that the accountant can easily see and check

"Add invoice to journal entry"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2019

Thank you for your idea. Our team has reviewed the idea and has ensured it meets our idea submission criteria. For more information on idea submission criteria, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

29 Comments
LynnH
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

would be good if MYOB could enable document to be attached to gen journal entries to support/explain the transaction. Add this wish to the wish list for being able to add documents to SALES transactions - posts for this show there is a demand for it and for a number of reasons

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @RHoran 

I agree that it should be possible to attach documents to any transaction.

However, in the ean time, what I do is I raise a purchase bill for these items and attach the purchase document to the bill.

If the item is being financed (se with a chattel mortgage) I create a new liability account for the mortgage (I also set it to be a Credit Card type account).

Then wen the finance company pays for the asset, I enter this as a payment for the bill from this loan account.  When payments are made to the loan, I treat these as Funds Transferred between accounts.

Hope this helps,

AlanT

ADFADHIS
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi Developers.

Whilst it's a great feature that attachments can be added to purchases, it would also be freat if we can have the ability to make attachments available to "Receive Money" & " General Journal" functions.

Hopefully, we can see this feature in the near future.

Thank you.

Patrick Kok

DerekR
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

Just wondering when MYOB will allow documents to be attached to General Journals just like it is done in purchases and spend money? 
When doing a manual stocktake or depreciation journals, it would be great if we could attach the source documents so it can make it easier for accountants/ auditors to locate documents without chasing the client if they don't provide it

ks2
2 Posts
User

Yes - there is an absolute need for functionality to allow the attachment of documents for journal entries and sales entries.

Tanya9999
4 Posts
User

Hi - I agree - There are some transactions in our accounts that pertain to an aquisition of a new asset on finance which we put through as a journal rather than a purchase.  Because the journal does not attached invoices pertaining to the acquistion, it has to be put through as a purchase to bring in the invoice attachement, and then credited to cancel the purchase as the asset is on hire purchase.

adarshana
1 Post
User

Wondering if this functionality is available in MYOB Advanced?

Harley7
6 Posts
User

Yes, please. We are trying to go paperless as much as possible, and Journals are the one place where we can't attach documents in Accountright or Essentials 

Jodie4088
2 Posts
User

They are still not listening.  Seems so simple.

Polly_Templeton
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User

In the age of reducing paper records, now that we have attachments for Sales and Purchases as well as employee cards,  could a request for adding attachments to general journals as well as spend/receive money be added?  This would allow the backing paperwork for these types of transactions to be uploaded in MYOB instead of being separately kept as hard copies.

Many thanks

Polly