Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: BPay Surcharge

Contributing Cover User

50Posts

68Kudos

1Solutions

50 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

Hi MYOB Team,

I can see that this has previously asked by many other users in the "MYOB Community", and whilst they have all been replied to and then "closed" for comment, this hasn't rectified nor made the problem businesses face go away.

Can we please have either:

1. the ability to automatically pass on BPAY merchant surcharge fees to clients on invoices, just like we do with MASTERCARD and VISA; and/or

2. the abilitiy to switch off BPAY as a payment option, right now it is lumped in with Mastercard and VISA.

When we were part of the pilot program this was rarely an issue for us, but since being fully rolled out, regular users now know that by selecting BPAY as their method of payment they can avoid the surcharge fees. Initially after getting stung a few times we had to decide what level of fees we're prepared to cop? As a result we'd chosen to disable the payment feature all together for all "account clients" leaving it only available for Cash Sale Invoices and only if they're less than $500 because whilst this is a great feature the costs associated are NOT!

Kind regards

Suzi

71 Comments
Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
2,834 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi all,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestion for adding an additional feature to our software. We genuinely appreciate your input and your engagement with our product. We understand the importance of this feature to you, while we can't make any promises at this moment, we will do our best to provide you with a decision or update on this request in the coming weeks. 

Once again, thank you for your suggestion and for being a valued user of our software.
Regards,
Earl

mscheurer
Experienced User
67 Posts
Experienced User

Any news on implementing this "idea"?

People have been asking for this for years, surely it doesn't take that long to add an on and off button to your software. Makes me think this is deliberatley not being solved.  Surely whatever kick backs you are getting from BPAY it can't be worth loosing everyones online payment business over.

If I have to shift to another payment solution, MYOB becomes a very expensive electronic ledger, at which point I might as well go back to using spreadsheets. 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,619 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @mscheurer,

Thank you for reaching out.

We appreciate your feedback, and once again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We hear you loud and clear about the desire to have the option to turn BPAY off. While we can't promise an immediate solution, your feedback is invaluable in driving improvements to our platform. We'll pass this on to the relevant team. We also want to inform you that we've seen and answered your other post with the same issue.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated in this matter.

Cheers,

Princess

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

@Princess_R could it be perhaps that the replies to this issue are not really answers?

It was Thursday 28/09/2023 8:09am when @Earl_HD replied with this ... 

"Hi all,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your suggestion for adding an additional feature to our software. We genuinely appreciate your input and your engagement with our product. We understand the importance of this feature to you, while we can't make any promises at this moment, we will do our best to provide you with a decision or update on this request in the coming weeks

Once again, thank you for your suggestion and for being a valued user of our software.
Regards,
Earl"

Respectfully, that was 6 weeks ago now! 

We've all been very patient but replies with the likes of "Rest assured that we will pass on your feedback to the relevant team" are becoming very tiresome and frustrating. 

Daveo_perth
3 Posts
User

Honestly, in the time it's taken for people to have written this issue, the nonsense follow-ups from random Customer Service Bots named Earl and Princess (I'm assuming the next one will be called Archduke or something similar), I could have written an entirely new accounting platform.  

I'm tied into using this mess of a software for another 9 months, and then I'm going to Xero.  This rubbish won't even automatically send a recurring invoice after it generates it!  

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,619 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Suzi_Byrom,

Thank you for your post.

I sincerely apologize for any frustration our responses may have caused, and I appreciate your patience in this matter. I know that our responses might not have provided the clarity or resolution you are seeking. Your feedback has already been passed on to the relevant team. A timeframe for this feature to be implemented in our software has not yet been provided to us, and we are still waiting for an update from them. Adding a feature to the software may take some time, as it's a long process. We ask for your patience and understanding, as our development team is actively working to enhance our services.

Cheers,

Princess

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
2,619 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Daveo_perth,

Thank you for your post.

I appreciate your candid feedback, and I understand the importance of a reliable and efficient accounting platform. Our team continuously monitors and evaluates customer feedback regarding the BPAY-off button. Adding such a feature to the software may take some time, and the reason we encourage you to write your ideas on our Product Ideas board is for us to monitor the number of customer requests and for our developers to take your ideas and suggestions into consideration. While we haven't received any updates regarding this feature or when it will be implemented, rest assured that we are taking your concerns seriously and we're committed to addressing the feature you've raised. This might be considered in the next software update.

While I regret that you're considering a move to another platform, I respect your decision. Regarding your concern with the recurring invoice, please feel free to create a new post with the details of your concern. I'm happy to help.

Thank you for your understanding.

Cheers,

Princess

mscheurer
Experienced User
67 Posts
Experienced User

Dear @Princess_R,
perhaps now is the time to send a message to your dev team and ask them for a progress report instead of just waiting to hear from them!

I hear you about the lengthy time it takes to implement new features, but this has been asked for since 2020, and it's not an earth shattering new feature just a switch to turn something off.  My guess is that MYOB doesn't want to lose the revenue of people avoiding BPAY. That turns into the question of whether or not you want to lose the revenue from users switching to other online payment solutions like Stripe or Square...  Perhaps forward this message to management...

CassG
3 Posts
User

Adding in my support for BPAY to either be carved out of the online payments feature or for the surcharge to be passed back to customers. 

Is there any further update as to when this development will be rolled out? Seems like a simple fix that MYOB customers have been requesting since 2020.

mscheurer
Experienced User
67 Posts
Experienced User

I wouldn't hold my breath if I where you...