Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: BPay Surcharge

Contributing Cover User

50Posts

70Kudos

1Solutions

50 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

Hi MYOB Team,

I can see that this has previously asked by many other users in the "MYOB Community", and whilst they have all been replied to and then "closed" for comment, this hasn't rectified nor made the problem businesses face go away.

Can we please have either:

1. the ability to automatically pass on BPAY merchant surcharge fees to clients on invoices, just like we do with MASTERCARD and VISA; and/or

2. the abilitiy to switch off BPAY as a payment option, right now it is lumped in with Mastercard and VISA.

When we were part of the pilot program this was rarely an issue for us, but since being fully rolled out, regular users now know that by selecting BPAY as their method of payment they can avoid the surcharge fees. Initially after getting stung a few times we had to decide what level of fees we're prepared to cop? As a result we'd chosen to disable the payment feature all together for all "account clients" leaving it only available for Cash Sale Invoices and only if they're less than $500 because whilst this is a great feature the costs associated are NOT!

Kind regards

Suzi

76 Comments
henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User

@HBDL Agree with you and the other community members completely, this is a no brainer and we need more people to jump onto the band wagon so that our voices are heard and this is implemented by MYOB asap. The current functionality of online payments is not helpful to a small business who has to wear all these surcharges. I have turned off all online payments because this is the one dealbreaker I have with the feature. 

MJG6
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Completely agree with all of this.  We were slugged $600 for 2 transactions, and the ironly is that my bank say that Bpay fees are 80cents per transaction. 

I wish it was illegal to overcharge bpay fees like it is with credit card.

Sjacob
4 Posts
User

Really frustrating that MYOB is taking no notice of our concerns. This BPay fee issue is still ongoing. Do they actually understand or care about small business?

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thank you for your suggestion. We'll relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.

RDes
4 Posts
User

I 100% agree! I just received a surprise $230 bill for 2 transactions!!! Not impressed at all. Should be an easy fix to add the option to disable BPAY you would think.

henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User

@RDes I am shocked we have to pay such exorbitant fees just because MYOB still don't have the option to switch off BPay...

RDes
4 Posts
User

@henry_  I think it may be a good thing in the end. The issue has made me look into my accounting options and I've realised we are getting gouged by their exhorbitant monthly fees as well as their poor support so I am looking at switching off MYOB and going elsewhere.  It's a shame after 24 years, but the time has come I think.

henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User

@RDes I understand your frustration, you would think they would do more to keep their loyal customers especially with 24 years under your belt.

Daveo_perth
4 Posts
User

I'm not sure if this is still an issue as I've only signed up today, and haven't had the online payment stuff approved.  But if it is, I want to throw my hat in the ring to say if this is lumped in with online payments, I'm gonna be mighty annoyed.  Also, there's no fee structure anywhere for BPay.  

henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User

@Daveo_perth unfortunately still haven't heard of a fix from MYOB as yet...having heard about all the exorbitant fees associated with using BPay from other MYOB users, I've switched off online payments entirely until they give us the option to turn off BPay as a payment option.