Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Process Payroll - Set the order of payroll category listed

DKP
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

62Posts

221Kudos

3Solutions

62 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

It would be good if we had the opportunity to list Payroll Categories in a list other than alphabetically.  So that for an employee standard pay we can bring to the top the most used line, followed by #2, then the next etc.  At the moment i have to enter data in lines 1, 3, 4, 6, 8 ......  which can lead to data entry errors. Thanks

"Payroll and Standard Pay"

Set the order of payroll category listed possibly by Standard Pay

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the excellent suggestion @DKP. It certainly would be useful to be able to control the order in which payroll categories appear, and it may help to reduce data entry errors. Anyone who wan'ts to be be able to control the order of payroll categories through Standard Pay, please cast your vote here.

3 Comments
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the excellent suggestion @DKP. It certainly would be useful to be able to control the order in which payroll categories appear, and it may help to reduce data entry errors. Anyone who wan'ts to be be able to control the order of payroll categories through Standard Pay, please cast your vote here.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Dianne,

While it is not possible to do what you want at the moment, the Wages Categories are in Alphabetical order.

Therefore I suggest that you put a full stop in front of the category name. This will bring these them to the top of the list. You may also then be able to change the name to further refine the order. Perhaps even using 2 full stops.

I have used this for many clients in the past.

Cheers

David

DebBIS
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

Helo Dianne,

I have added numbers to the front of my payroll categories in the order that makes sense to me, ie

1) Base Hourly

2) Overtime (1.5)

3) Overtime (2)

Etc

Hope this helps

Deborah