Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Purchases: Require authorisation/approval to record

Cover User

5Posts

97Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Please add in the ability for a manager to authorise purchase orders electronically.  This would have to be added into the settings of the particular user.   The Authorisation would have to be able to be printed onto the purchase order.

"Purchase order - authorisation"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Thank you for your suggestion. Anyone who would like to be able to set it so that purchases have to be authorised, by users with a specific access level before being paid, please cast your vote here.

19 Comments
Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for the feedback, something I would just like to be clear on with this, what exactly is the manager authorising in terms of the Purchase Order in AccountRight? The current system will allow any Purchases User ID to record a Purchase Order.
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I assume Joanne is referring to the ability to authorise an order or invoice, i.e. user set ups determine who has authority to do this, and then once authorised it shows on the invoice as being "authorised".

I think this is a great feature. That way staff can do the invoice and it's a simple process to authorise and easily shows who has authorised it.

Is this what you meant?

DerekM
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We have several people involved in this process.

1) Enters the invoice.

2) Authorises the invoice.

3) Organises it and pays it.

At the moment there is no easy way to do step 2.  I would like a process where invoices entered by certain users go to an "authorisation page", where those allowed to authorise can do so.

I would even like a "checked" stage before the authorisation for someone to double check what has been entered.

Lastly I would like people to only be able to authorise invoices that belong to certain jobs.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion. Anyone who would like to be able to set it so that purchases have to be authorised, by users with a specific access level before being paid, please cast your vote here.

DerekM
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Similar, but I would like it to work with invoices, so that one person can enter an invoice but it goes no further until authorised.

pcg12
4 Posts
Cover User

YES!!! there should be the option for any user to input a purchase order but not be able to print or email it until a supervisor or high level user authorises it. The same should be applied to invoices, where anyone can enter an invoice but they must be approved by a high level user (as set in user settings) before they can be paid.

GlenRed
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

When enlarging a document in the in tray - would it be possible to add a button for authorisation.

Before paying our invoices, I need them to be authorised by certain staff members.

At the moment I print them out and get them to sign the copy. 

It would be great if they could log in and authorise them in the in tray, so when I go to the in tray I can create new bill for all those authorised. 

So there would need to be a tag or something to show which user authorised the invoice.

This way the invoice is stored and the authorisation to pay it.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you

Glenda

Clint
Experienced Partner
37 Posts
Experienced Partner

For businesses where an admin staff member or bookkeeper prepares aba files to be approved or paid by a manager or owner, it would be very handy from a risk point of view if the approver could see a PDF with all of the applicable bills before authorising the payment. Would it be possible to have this where the In Tray is being used? Maybe an option in the Prepare Electronic Payments screen to generate a PDF at the same time?

Bravo
Experienced Cover User
36 Posts
Experienced Cover User
I can enter expenses into purchases for about 50 items at 1 time (whether from in tray or I enter myself). An option to say approve all for payment would save so much time! Please Smiley Happy Please Smiley Happy
Suzi-L
5 Posts
Cover User

It would be really helpful to add online invoice aproval to MYOB.  I know that there are add on products but these all require invoices to be sent to a third party .  With these service providers, there are isssues with the time taken to get purchases info into MYOB and I do not want yet another software product to teach staff how to use.