Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Report: Balance Sheet - Removal of indentations

Trusted User

49Posts

48Kudos

2Solutions

49 Posts
Trusted User

The balance sheet reports in AccountRight 2012 have been re-formatted, inserting leading spaces into the account name fields so the fields appear indented when the report is printed.

I would like to suggest that there is an option to remove this formatting - in particular when exporting to excel.  I have a number of spreadsheets set up which use lookup functions on the balance sheet to drive reconciliation programs.  I have had to add in formulae to strip out the spaces - which is making the workbooks inelegant and prone to errors.

(If this feature is already there could someone let me know where it is - I spoke to someone on the online chat and she didn't know of a work-around.)

"Format of Balance Sheet reports"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2018

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the account number and name indentation on reports sent to Excel have been removed.

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available

4 Comments
Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
Hi, thanks for the feedback, I can see how that formatting is affecting you. I'm interested to hear more from yourself and others about how we format reports in Excel - currently they inherit the formatting of the parent report. Would it be better for Excel purposes if the Excel reports were always in a simple format so that the data could be manipulated more easily?
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,850 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Maybe what would work best is to have two "export to excel" options, one for a fully formatted report and one for the raw data, which would probably give you the same as exporting to a tab delimited file then opening that with Excel.

ToeC
Trusted User
49 Posts
Trusted User

I think I would be unlikely to use the 'formatted' excel report - if I wanted to pass somebody a formatted report I would be more likely to export to pdf.  For me the most important change would be to simply remove the leading spaces from the field names.   However, I'm sure that if you were able to provide two excel report options, a fully formatted one and a simple format then that would keep everyone happy.

thanks

Antonia

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2017.2 the account number and name indentation on reports sent to Excel have been removed.

You can find out more information about this and other changes, including information on obtaining AccountRight 2017.2 from AccountRight 2017.2 now available