G_I
Experienced Partner
9 years ago
Open

Sales: Ability to set a default form for invoices and another for quotes

I would like to set one default form for an Item Quote, and a separate default form for an Item Invoice.

In other words:

We have 2 Form Templates - one for quotes - lets call this one "QuoteFormat", and another for invoices - lets call this one "InvoiceFormat". These forms are slightly different

At the moment we have the default set as "QuoteFormat" so that every Item sale by default prints/emails using the "QuoteFormat". Every time we have to send an invoice we need to change the form to "InvoiceFormat". This requires [unnecessary] extra clicks, it's easy to forget to do this, and certainly slows the process down - I use the latest AccountRight Live (2015.2) so it is often quite slow to display the list of available forms.

An additional important benefit to this would be the ability to use the "Save to Disk" feature on Invoices - which CANNOT select a custom form other than the default (Crazy, right??)

If anyone has any ideas, please post them :smileyhappy: 

"Separate default forms for (item) Quotes and Invoices"

13 Comments

AndrewSimms
    Experienced Cover User

please provide the ability to choose different templates for quotes and invoices in the customer card file.

some information needed on quotes is not needed on invoices and vice versa. 

for example there is only the field printed form file which links to a template for that customer.

can you make one for quotes and another for invoices?

"different quote and invoice templates in customer card, selling details, printed form field"

KattC
    Former Staff
    Status changed:
    New
    to
    Open

Hello G_I

Thank you for the great suggestion for the default quote and invoice settings. We are always wanting new ways to make MYOB more user friendly. I believe this will be a great future to have in future upgrades.

If you would like to see feature in future upgrades please comment and post.

Jonna
    Contributing User

+1 for this, it would be really handy for us and eleviate having to use 3rd party .pdf printers that do not output the same .pdf as MYOB would do.

Thanks.

• Hi Morgan_59

Thank you for your enquiry in regards to the status of this idea.

Currently this idea has been marked as under consideration as something that we are still looking into for future updates of the program. At this point in time we don't have a time frame for when this idea will be marked as in development and implemented into the program. However in saying that we are still encouraging clients that would like to see this idea added to vote, and comment if required, for this idea.

G_I
    Experienced Partner

I'm still hoping for this. Has there been any further developments?

• I think this would bea great IDEA!!! any idea on how long MYOB will take to implement this? As i see this was suggested saome time ago

albrefrig
    Contributing Cover User

I would like to set a default form for Customer Orders as well if the above feature is implemented.

• I agree this is very annoying, the only way to save a quote on a quote form is to email to to myself selecting the quote form, and them saving it from the email.  It's not very efficient and still leaves room for error.  I vote for a change to this too.