My business is primarily boat engine servicing and parts supplies. Labour and parts used on the job do not need to be price sensitive to compete against other businesses so retail prices are used most of the time.
We also retail outboard motors which are generally sold as a repower package and contain many options configured in our quote to suit the customers boats requirements. We compete against other outboard dealers (same brand) and also dealers (of other brands).
My idea would be an improvement to the Sales Quote and Order screens
1. A cost price column added so we can see how far down we can go with our discounts.
2. A per line, over-writeable markup field %
3. A per line, over-writeable margin field %
4. A field displaying the overall markup(non-overwriteable)
5. A field displaying the overall margin (non-overwriteable)
These options are standard in EXO and are brilliant for maintaining consistentcy when pricing.