Forum Discussion

9 months ago
Solved

Importing Item Sales with Non Inventoried Items

Hi, 

I'm trying to import our sales into MyOb AccountRight in Bulk using a txt file. A very common item that needs to be included isn't an inventoried item and therefore doesn't have a location. Sales are usually a mix of this non inventoried item and inventoried items with set locations.

When I try to import I'm getting an error log of "Error -226: Location ID may not be blank."  I had left the location tab of the non inventoried items blank because there was no location to include. However I'm assuming that's causing the  error. 

What do I include in the Location ID tab to ensure that these sales can be imported? 

Thank you! 

• Hi SL_2023 

This may well be another situation the developers did not anticipate. Suggest you open an existing Sales invoice which has both inventoried and not inventoried items, export that sales invoice and examine the export file. This may give a glue. If this doesn't solve, try adding default inventory location. MYOB should not use the location, however the import tests may require it. Update post with results for the benefit of others in same situation.

Regards

Gavin

8 Replies

• Hi SL_2023 

This may well be another situation the developers did not anticipate. Suggest you open an existing Sales invoice which has both inventoried and not inventoried items, export that sales invoice and examine the export file. This may give a glue. If this doesn't solve, try adding default inventory location. MYOB should not use the location, however the import tests may require it. Update post with results for the benefit of others in same situation.

Regards

Gavin

SL_2023
      User

Hi, 

The item was definately not inventoried and when exporting the file, the tab was blank. 

We added the default location into the tab, even though it technically didn't have one, and it uploaded fine and the invoice in the system still had it as locationless. 

Thank you for your help. 

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SL_2023,

Thanks for letting us know that your problem is now resolved and for providing us a solution.

Feel free to post again, we're happy to help.
        Regards,
        Earl

Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi SL_2023,

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to import your sales to MYOB. We do have an online script to run to fix this issue, can you please send me a private message with the following information:

*  Serial Number
     *  Company File ID
     *  Full Name

Looking Forward to hearing from you soon!
    Regards,
    Earl

SL_2023
      User

Hi Earl, 

Thank you for your assistance. 

Unfortunately when I click on the link to send you a private message, my private message page comes up empty. 

Do private messages need to be activated on my account? 

Earl_HD
        MYOB Moderator

Hi SL_2023,

My apologies. I've changed something on the settings, if you could try it now please. 

Regards,
        Earl