Forum Discussion

Dee_W
Contributing Cover User
3 years ago
Solved

Inventory item in sales

I have set up an inventory item for selling this item. The price is 8.33 ex GST.

However when creating an invoice it comes out with several different amounts on the invoice for example $9.163 or $9.163017 or $9.163019 or $9.162995 of which makes it all makes it look very dodgy when sending out an invoice to a customer. 

I hope someone has an idea as to why this might be happening.

Have I something not set up quite right?

• Hi Dee_W , your setup is fine. You could modify the printed invoice form to display the price with only 2 decimal places, then it would look ok. There are 2 new fields for that. 

Accountright can end up with minor price variations for the same item due to the way it progressively adjusts the gst amount on each line so that the gst on the total is always correct.

5 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Mike_James
    Ultimate Partner

Hi Dee_W , your setup is fine. You could modify the printed invoice form to display the price with only 2 decimal places, then it would look ok. There are 2 new fields for that. 

Accountright can end up with minor price variations for the same item due to the way it progressively adjusts the gst amount on each line so that the gst on the total is always correct.

Dee_W
      Contributing Cover User

Thank you for your reply Mike. It makes sense, I will work on modifying the decimal places to 2.

Dee_W
        Contributing Cover User

Hi,

I have gone to set-up, customise forms, Invoices, item invoice.

It shows Inc Price. I can't anything in the lists to make it show as 2 decimal places.