Forum Discussion

Alb_Engineering
Experienced User
9 months ago
Solved

No items showing in Item Register or Inventory Reports

Hi everyone,

I have 500-odd items in the data file.  I can see them in Items List.  However, not a single one of them shows up in the Items Register or Inventory Reporting.

Any ideas?  This is a new data file.  All items are active.

Cheers,

Jason Young

Albany Engineering

Western Australia

gavin12345
    8 months ago

Hi Alb_Engineering 

I think you have answered your own question. Inventory Reports and Item Registers are for Inventoried Items only.

Regards

Gavin

14 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Earl_HD
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Alb_Engineering,

Thank you so much for your post and sorry to hear that you were having problems with Item Register Reports. I really appreciate your patience and understanding about this issue, and I do apologize for the delayed response.  As the report won’t run properly without the Show inactive items option being selected, we need to ensure that the option is selected before running the report.

1. Deselect the show inactive Items option
    2. Select the select desired Items
    3. Select show inactive Items option
    4. Click OK
    5. Run the report

Please do let me know how you go on this.
    Regards,
    Earl

• Hi Alb_Engineering 

When you look at the Item Profile tab is the 'I inventory' option ticked? Inventory Reports etc usually only show Items ticked as 'I inventory', and sometimes only if you have stock on hand.

Regards

Gavin

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Alb_Engineering,

Just want to follow up if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again, we're happy to help.

We appreciate you for providing us with a solution gavin12345.

Regards,
      Earl

Alb_Engineering
      Experienced User

Thanks Gavin,

we do not currently inventory our items.  That option is not ticked on any of the items.  

Cheers,

Jason.

gavin12345
      Ultimate User

Hi Alb_Engineering 

I think you have answered your own question. Inventory Reports and Item Registers are for Inventoried Items only.

Regards

Gavin

Earl_HD
      MYOB Moderator

Hi Alb_Engineering,

Just want to check if you're still having this issue? If so, feel free to post again and one of us will be happy to help.

Regards,
      Earl

Alb_Engineering
        Experienced User

Hi Earl,

Yes, as has been identified, I can't use Inventory reporting or Items Register for any items that are not inventoried.

Makes reporting on items transactions useless in MYOB.  We are thinking of ditching MYOB altogether and going to Xero as a result, or a bespoke solution for the metal manufacturing industry.  MYOB is not great as a stand-alone product without numerous add-ons.

Cheers,

Jason.