Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Setting the Journal Memo default

MYOB Moderator

43Posts

92Kudos

3Solutions

43 Posts
MYOB Moderator
New
New

Just had a client that would like to suggest being able to customise the field "Journal Memo" for purchases and sales by default.

Currently the field defaults to Purchase; *card* but client would like to be able to change the default here one day if possible.

Thank you.

"Customise Journal Memo Default"

9 Comments
Altec
Experienced Cover User
37 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would also like to be able to change the default

I understand I can overtype what is there, but I have to do this everytime.  What I would like to do is change the default.  Thanks

IanBarnetson
6 Posts
Cover User

Adding fieids such as card Id, Company name, and a text box etc  

FinanceHO66
2 Posts
Cover User

"Customise Journal Memo Default"

customise the field "Journal Memo" for purchases and sales by default.

Currently the field defaults to Purchase; *card* but client would like to be able to change the default here one day if possible.

Thank you.

Demo40
4 Posts
User

I also think thisis a great idea. I would like my journal memo in purhcase to replicate my first line of the purchase.

Pelagic1
2 Posts
User

I have to overtype this field every time I enter a purchase.  Job reports using the current default look terrible and mean nothing to the client.

If only MYOB would go back to looking after bookkeeper needs instead of trying to make us business advisors!

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Thank you for your suggestion @Tana and @Pelagic1 We're always interested to hear how we can improve your workflow. Your ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated. We'll relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.

Pelagic1
2 Posts
User

Would love this - I currently have to overtype the journal memo for every single purchase order/bill I enter.  I get 50+ bills a day!

IanBarnetson
6 Posts
Cover User
A work around - we use recurring transactions for each supplier & customer, and customise the journal memo in the recurring transaction. we find that saves a lot of data entry. Another suggestion for the developers - please enable the customising of the electronic payment. Would appreciate creating the ABA file and being able to pickup the file name eg Creditors or Payroll which will make searching ledgers or bank transactions easier.
Genreve_S
MYOB Moderator
2,908 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @IanBarnetson

Thanks for the insight. 

Recurring transactions will save time in data entry a lot. The ABA files are standard formats for electronic payment bank files these could be opened by text editing software like Notepad. Rest assured these suggestions would be passed down to our development team. 

If you require any other assistance feel free to let us know. We are happy to help. 

Cheers,

Genreve