Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Taxable Payments: Selection of No ABN Withholding tax code transactions

Cover User

2Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I spent an hour on the phone last week with MYOB Support trying to find out how to include a payment in the Taxable Payments Annual Report to a supplier that did not quote an ABN (to comply with 2016 ATO reporting requirements - see attachment).  After being told for about 45 minutes that it could be done and I was either doing something wrong or using the wrong version of MYOB (I use MYOB AccountRight Plus V19), I was then informed I was right and that you can't include those payments in the TPAR because they have to be included in the "PAYG Withholding Report where No ABN quoted - Annual Report".  I explained that the ATO website said otherwise and so was told to ring the ATO to solve my issue.

I have now rung the ATO and was asked to submit the TPAR manually so that this one payment could be included as it needs to be for the Building and Construction Industry - we have 100s of suppliers - not a great option.  We came to a compromise and the business now has to submit 2 x TPARs for 2016 - one manual for the No ABN supplier and one electronic for the others.

My "idea" is that MYOB should make a change to the software so that we can comply with the ATO requirements - I thought that the annual update of the software was supposed to ensure we could comply with the changing needs of the ATO.

Kind Regards
Christine

"No ABN Withholding tax code transactions to appear in the Taxable Payments report / TPAR"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: November 2017

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2017 will include transactions where the tax code ABN (No ABN Withholding) has been selected for the transaction in the Taxable Payment report:

Attachment.PNG

4 Comments
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

@GorCon

Perhaps this is not an MYOB problem. MYOB has a tax code called  ABN - No ABN Supplied and the rate is -49%. You would only have use this once to find that a supplier would supply an ABN.

GorCon
2 Posts
Cover User

Thanks for your comment ronatbas.

I used the MYOB No ABN supplied tax code and withheld 49% as required by the ATO.

My problem is that for the Building and Construction industry in 2016 this payment needs to be included in the Taxable Payments Annual Report not in the more usual "PAYG Withholding Report where No ABN quoted - Annual Report".  MYOB is set up to exclude No ABN supplied transactions from the Taxable Payments Annual Report.  This is an outdated exclusion that needs to be corrected in line with current ATO requirements.

Kind Regards
Christine

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Christine

You have my agreement and my voteMan LOL

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2017 will include transactions where the tax code ABN (No ABN Withholding) has been selected for the transaction in the Taxable Payment report:

Attachment.PNG