Forum Discussion

Paula3
Contributing User
5 days ago
Solved

EOY Finalisation - PAYG withholding amount differs

Hello, 

I am in the process of confirming the STP amounts reported to the ATO. I have noticed that the PAYG withholding amount in the YTD verification report is $52 higher that in the Payroll summary report in MYOB. 

This is because an employee had $52 credited in the PAYG withholding account by mistake.

How could I fix this issue so the PAYG Withholding amount from the Payroll register matches with the Payroll activity report?

This happened in December 2023.

Thank you.

• Hi Paula3

To align the PAYG withholding amounts across your reports, here's what you can do. First off, send an update event to check if it reflects correctly in payroll reports like payroll activity, payroll register, and YTD verification. If there's still a discrepancy (like the extra $52), simply process a pay run for that excess amount only. Make sure that the dates are still included on the affected financial year. This way, your payroll reports will match up smoothly. If you have any more questions or need a hand, feel free to post again.

Best regards,

Doreen

1 Reply

Doreen_P
    MYOB Moderator

Hi Paula3

To align the PAYG withholding amounts across your reports, here's what you can do. First off, send an update event to check if it reflects correctly in payroll reports like payroll activity, payroll register, and YTD verification. If there's still a discrepancy (like the extra $52), simply process a pay run for that excess amount only. Make sure that the dates are still included on the affected financial year. This way, your payroll reports will match up smoothly. If you have any more questions or need a hand, feel free to post again.

Best regards,

Doreen