Importing failing

This thread is now closed to new comments.
Some of the links and information provided in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question please start a new post.
FionaB2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Solved: Go to Solution

Importing failing

Hi there, this is my first time on the community.

I am hoping that someone can assist me with an import issue I'm having with an older version of account right, 2020.2.2

Each month we import a Petty Cash spreadsheet into MYOB as a spend money transaction.  The information is converted to a "Text - tab delimited" file and we use the import/export assistant to link the account chains.

This month the import will not load - I've checked everthing I can check. I have run multiple copies, have tried adding extra headers.  I have retried a previous month and it worked!  So it is something I have missed in the latest spreadsheet, but I can see any difference

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  I have attached the Text file and the Error Log.

7 REPLIES 7
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,867 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,867Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Re: Importing failing

Hi @FionaB2 , welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting the log and the file. The log says the date is invalid. There are no separators, I recommend formatting it as dd/mm/yyyy, then try the import again. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

FionaB2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thanks @Mike_James for the quick response.  I will give that a try and see if it works.

FionaB2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @Mike_James ,

Sadly that hasn't worked either.  I'll keep trying!  

I've attached the new error log.

Thanks again

gavin12345
Ultimate User
5,037 Posts
Ultimate User
Australia
Ultimate User

5,037Posts

917Kudos

640Solutions

Hi @FionaB2 

As mentioned by @Mike_James , the problem appears to be in your formatting. Before trying to import I suggest you open the import file in notepad and ensure it looks right. Your first one had the date formatted as 45107 - the second changed all account numbers to long format dates.

Regards

Gavin

(gavinw222@gmail.com)
FionaB2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Hi @gavin12345 ,

Appreciate you feedback thanks.  I will go back and check the formatting in the document again, and recheck the Import file in Notebook.

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,867 Posts
Ultimate Partner
New Zealand
Ultimate Partner

5,867Posts

1,028Kudos

756Solutions

Accepted Solution Solved

Hi @FionaB2 , I now see my first comment was incorrect. The error "invalid date" was probably a reference to the value of 45107 in the first transaction line, which is an Excel date value. You should format that cell as a date (dd/mm/yyyy) without a time value. 

For the new error (invalid account number), there is a line with a value of $292.30 where the log is not showing the (internal) account ID. This indicates it may be the problem line. From the original import file, the account number on that line is 6-2027. Can you check the account number on that line and make sure it is postable, eg not inactive or with some other issue?

Some import errors are linked to other causes, so I suggest correcting both issues then retry. 

Regards, Mike (mike@datawise.co.nz)
DataWise Limited (www.datawise.co.nz), developers of:
DataWise ProActive - Custom Reporting from MYOB programs
(MYOB Business, including AccountRight Live, AccountRight v19.x and exo Payroll)

Bulk download of attachments (more details...)

FionaB2
Contributing User
5 Posts
Contributing User
Contributing User

5Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

Thank you @Mike_James - I managed to reformat both cells and the import worked.  Appreciate you help with this.

Didn't find your answer here?

Try using advanced search to find a post more easily Advanced Search
or
Get the conversation started and make a new post Start a Post