Forum Discussion

Cerry
Contributing User
26 days ago

Negative Current Balance for Items with no stock

Hi,

Re-posting as have not been able to solve this yet.

Are there any other solutions to this problem?  It does not matter what inventory adjustment I do, it keeps adding a negative value to the current value of the item.

My stock looks like this.....

Cheers

Cerry

3 Replies

• Hi Cerry 

Perhaps show what IAJ you are trying to put through for one of the items (together with any error message). Some one might be able to spot the issue if we have some informaiton to deal with.

Regards

Gavin

Cerry
      Contributing User

Thanks Gavin,

I read in another post to add a qty of 1 with a unit cost of just above the negative amount.  Then do another adjustment to remove that item with a unit cost of the difference.

Whenever I do this the stock levels adjust but the average unit costs stays the same or moves slightly.

If I delete the jnl, it just adds the unit cost I had been using and adds it to the average cost, which is how I have got to the very large negative stock value.

If stock is zero, should the value not be zero also?

I feel I am just making things worse.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards

Cerry

gavin12345
        Ultimate User

Hi Cerry 

Yes if on hand is zero, value should also be zero - but it isn't. This is caused by bugs in MYOB. 

If your goal is to set the value to zero, ignore average cost as this is not relevant. What is relevant is the on hand quantity and the Value. 

Without seeing some screenshots, I cannot tell is you are unable to fix this due to how you are trying to do it, or if it is caused by an issue in your company file that needs to be fixed.

So my suggestion remains:

screenshot of extract from Inventory Value Reconciliation Report showing amounts for Item RFC1102300

screenshot if Inventory adjustment journal to fix the value

screenshot of any message when processing the IAJ

screenshot of extract from Inventory Value Reconciliation Report showing amounts for Item RFC1102300 after IAJ

Regards

Gavin