Forum Discussion

Wilfords
Experienced Cover User
2 years ago
Solved

EOF finalisation

Hello

Some of our staff have advised us that when going to do their income tax return a note came up saying that the employer has not finalised the income statement to make it tax ready. I have spoken to the ATO and they have advised us to finalise the said employees.

When I went in to 'Payroll reporting centre', EOFY Finalisation tab, all of the employees had the 'Final Indicator' ticked.  When I selected an employee (that according to the tax office was not finalised),  the only option it gave me was " 'Remove a finalisation and notify the ATO'. So that must mean that according to MYOB, the employee has been finalised. Can you tell me if I should go ahead and click 'Remove a finalisation'? 

Regards

Lindy

• Hi Wilfords 

Thanks for your post. Check the status of the finalisation report. If it's Accepted with errors you will need to fix the errors, undo the finalisation, process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June then refinalise.

If the status is Accepted, it means that the finalisation has been successfully sent from the software. If the ATO are saying they haven't received it you can undo and re-do the finalisations to push them through to the ATO again.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Wilfords 

Thanks for your post. Check the status of the finalisation report. If it's Accepted with errors you will need to fix the errors, undo the finalisation, process a $0 pay with payment date as 30 June then refinalise.

If the status is Accepted, it means that the finalisation has been successfully sent from the software. If the ATO are saying they haven't received it you can undo and re-do the finalisations to push them through to the ATO again.

Please let me know how you go.

If my response has answered your enquiry please click "Accept as Solution" to assist other users find this information.

Wilfords
      Experienced Cover User

Thank you for your help Tracey.

The second option has fixed it.

Many thanks,

Lindy

Tracey_H
        Former Staff

Wilfords 

Great to hear it's fixed Lindy, thanks for letting me know.

Don't hesitate to post again if you need further help.